Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parting Out 66 Dauntless

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2023 at 12:04am
  Roll bars and tow bars look good together in the scrap trailer. Not so much the weld scabs left behind,,,,,
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2023 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Bruce W Bruce W wrote:

Roll bars and tow bars look good together in the scrap trailer. Not so much the weld scabs left behind,,,,,
BW 

Agree 100% --- But the wife insists that seat belts & roll bar are mandatory if I want to drive it.
 Personally, I think they look much better without the bar & unless you get a frame mounted cage it is worthless but what do ya do? 
  Better to keep the wife happy, I still need to tell her about the overdrive & locker kit that I bought last month.......

1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2023 at 10:58am
Glad to see you finally got something to put that knob on Wink

Yeah, I don't like the look of them either, but they are required on some trails. 

I want one similar to what Jeff (Jpet) made for his "Bam Bam" Jeep. With a summer top on it the roll bar just looks like heavy duty top bows. 
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2023 at 4:34pm
Required for good reason, let me tell you, but that one looks like it's on steroids.

Edited by drm101 - 27 Mar. 2023 at 4:36pm
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
The less the Power the More the Force
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2023 at 4:53pm
Even one of these that simply bolts to the wheel houses and sides of the body will provide protection on a mild side ways roll over. 

End over flip, I suppose one of these is better than nothing, but I think you need a cage for serious trails or rock crawling, a windshield folding up can cause some damage.
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2023 at 4:56pm
Front axle, transmission, transfer case and engine are spoken for. A lot of this stuff is going with me for delivery to the Fall Reunion, and I have room on the truck for more.

Pulled the cover off the Dana 44 rear axle (tapered axle). Gear oil looked clean, no indication of water intrusion, or damage.

It has 10" Wagner self adjusting brakes, but I haven't opened it up to see what is inside.

I believe it is 3.73 gearing as is the front axle, but can confirm if anyone is interested in it.

If you are interested send me a PM.

If nobody wants it I will pull it apart, salvage the axle shafts and hubs, and scrap what I don't keep.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12