Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Product Review Forum > Engine Group
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parts from Kaiser Willys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlsjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parts from Kaiser Willys
    Posted: 19 Aug. 2014 at 4:30pm
A friend bought some parts from Kaiser Willys some time back when he was reworking his Jeep. Just the other day as he was driving he saw oil coming from under the hood all over the drivers side fender. He shut the engine off and looked and found the hose from the bottom of the oil filter to the front cover had blown off the fitting. While removing the line he pulled on the other end and it too came off. 

He called Kaiser Willys and asked for some help and they were very snotty and indifferent. He called Walcks and they told him they used to buy the lines from Kaiser Willys but found the lines were defective and started having their oil lines made in the USA.

I think it's foolish to buy any parts from Kaiser Willys knowing they don't care about customer relations or the quality of their parts. However it's your money and your Jeep so spend it where you want to.
Life is only as good as you make it.
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2014 at 5:53pm
But they have a fancy catalog
PapaC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PapaC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2014 at 6:05pm
When removing a old original line from my engine, lower oil filter to timing cover , it was giving me fits because of the previously buggered up shoulders on the ends. So I was trying to work it back and forth and the first time it actually moved was in the tightening position .

The second it did that....at the mating surface it cut the flair off of the inside line and pulled straight out of the fitting.

No great loss since I was replacing anyway but it did make me realize you wouldn't want to over tighten these flaired fittings.

Especially with non made in the USA brass or steel!!!

Anyway, thats my opinion!

Carlsjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlsjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2014 at 7:02pm
Yep, they have a real good catalog on the net. I use that a lot and order from somewhere else. Mac also said that the fittings on the oil line from Kaiser were metric instead of fractional. I helped him remove his oil pressure gauge line while I was visiting him and those fitting were also metric. It's hard to get quality parts for our Jeeps and it always helps to ask the seller where the parts were made.
Life is only as good as you make it.
autolite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote autolite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2014 at 7:10pm
Made my lines from metal brake line, inlet and outlet and have had NO PROBLEMS with blowout as I did before. Only rubber one I have is the one for the oil gauge for that is required because engine and body are separate units.
willys jeep
Ryan_289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2014 at 7:27pm
Most of my stuff comes from Walcks.  I think when I first got my jeep last year I checked prices and most of the time Walcks had the better price.  I have ordered a few things from Peter Debella and also from Ron Fitzpatrick.  I have found that if its regular parts like bearings, brakes, seals etc Rock Auto has the lowest prices by far.
w114kav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w114kav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2014 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Carlsjeep Carlsjeep wrote:

I think it's foolish to buy any parts from Kaiser Willys knowing they don't care about customer relations or the quality of their parts.

I have had nothing but great experiences with Kaiser Willys. They have always been great on the phone too.

In fact the two times I spoke to Walcks, in my eyes,  they seemed a bit "snotty and indifferent". So I guess it just depends on what flavor you like!

Having said that, I still buy parts from both suppliers regularly.

Keith
My Project
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2014 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by autolite autolite wrote:

Made my lines from metal brake line, inlet and outlet and have had NO PROBLEMS with blowout as I did before. Only rubber one I have is the one for the oil gauge for that is required because engine and body are separate units.
You might want to keep a close eye on that line for any developing cracks...My DJ3A had a drip in a similar metal line and one day it just fully cracked and started spewing oil.....(Being as I was in smalltown , Texas and wanted to run it that day, I replaced it with steel again..so far so good..)
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

gearwrencher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gearwrencher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2014 at 9:17pm
I just bought those Oil lines my self. Bought from Napa ,Used The Napa Part numbers listed on line. Weatherhead  MFG on bag ,Parts said made in Mexico. Pricey but looked good in quality.I wonder if any aftermarket auto parts come from USA any more?
Jerry
IRQVET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IRQVET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb. 2020 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Ryan_289 Ryan_289 wrote:

Most of my stuff comes from Walcks.  I think when I first got my jeep last year I checked prices and most of the time Walcks had the better price.  I have ordered a few things from Peter Debella and also from Ron Fitzpatrick.  I have found that if its regular parts like bearings, brakes, seals etc Rock Auto has the lowest prices by far.

From what I've heard, most of the parts sold by Walcks and Kaiser Willys are supplied by Ron Fitzpatrick Jeep Parts (aka G503.com). Lately I have just be buying everything from G503 unless it's a part they don't carry or they are out of stock. Plus G503 is only a few hours away from me, so the parts arrive very quickly. 

But with that said, I do like dealing with Walcks as well, I have always had good experiences with them, although being on the opposite coasts means the parts arrive slower; but that's not their fault. When I was building my CJ5, Walcks had alot of parts I either couldn't find elsewhere, or if I could, their prices were way better. 

Edited by IRQVET - 05 Feb. 2020 at 4:01pm
Dean
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran
49' CJ2A w/ GPA Engine #8924
67 CJ5 (Sold)
chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb. 2020 at 4:29pm
They may swap a few parts between the dealers but most come factory direct.
 Post Reply Post Reply