Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > How to information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Passenger seat hand holds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Passenger seat hand holds
    Posted: 18 Apr. 2022 at 2:49pm
I don’t have seat belts in my 2A and have been wanting to provide something for the passenger seat when they feel the need to hold on for dear life. Was trying to avoid adding a grab bar to the dash  After some searching and thinking I would make hand holds out of black paracord, I found these on Amazon. They are made for roll bars. I found that by removing and resewing the male Velcro to the other side, I can tightly wrap the lower seat frame and the vertical bars of my top bows and provide some nice, inexpensive handholds for passengers. 
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2022 at 3:55pm
Not a bad idea... just don't tell them the whole seat tips forward LOL
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
JohnB View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2022 at 5:05pm
Good reminder. I installed a threaded nut insert and can lock my passenger seat down at the right rear leg. 
 Post Reply Post Reply