Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Payload Limits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Payload Limits
    Posted: 16 June 2021 at 6:09pm
Hello All,

I have a question about the payload limits and what features set that limit.

I plan some modifications to my T3-C that may add 75-90 pounds to the trailer before loading my Rooftop tent, camping gear, propane tank, spare tire, water, etc. Needles to say, I'm gonna be very close to or above the 500-pound weight limit.

I would like to retain as much of the factory components as possible without breaking stuff. I will be upgrading the hitch to a Max Coupler or similar style.

Are there other springs and/or axles available that would increase the payload and hold up to off road use? Also, is the bolt together frame part of the limiting factors?

I really love the looks and size of these little Bantam trailers but I may be way off base in trying to use this for an off road/expedition trailer.

Any help or insights on this would be greatly appreciated.
mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 8:48am
I’ll be watching this thread as the wife and I just got back from camping in the CO high country and we both agreed that loading and unloading the new Suburban was not only a pain in the arse but scratched the interior black plastic trim of a brand new vehicle.  She gave me 'permission' to start preparing Tubby to be our camping trailer.  

I did get a set of original shock mounts from Art years ago.  I think for an off road trailer, they would be a good addition. https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/topic38636.html

Edited by mickeykelley - 17 June 2021 at 8:53am
 Post Reply Post Reply