Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Product Review Forum > Non-Willys Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Performance of a Lock Right

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlsjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Performance of a Lock Right
    Posted: 04 Sep. 2014 at 11:47pm
You may remember that I installed a Lock Right in my rear axle and I promised a review of it. Well, I can tell you it is worth the cost and the time to install one. 

Trails I used to force my way up spinning and clawing for movement are a thing of the past. Now I just start out in low range first or second gear and just creep right up the hill. It doesn't matter if it's large rocks, dirt or sand it just climbs right up like it was a pack mule, which I guess it is now. 

I have drove my Jeep through places I could not go last year and probably shouldn't have gone this year. Not that it was an illegal trail, it was just a difficult trail I wouldn't try last year.

If your thinking about getting a Lock Right do it.
Life is only as good as you make it.
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep. 2014 at 4:18am

A locker does make a big difference in off-road capability.

Concerning the Lock-Right specifically,   I installed one 15+ years ago in my V6 powered '2A.  It is still working fine,  even after many challenging trails.   Everytime it loudly pops or clicks on the road,  I am sure it just broke,  but obviously that is normal operating characteristics,  because it still functions fine. 
 Post Reply Post Reply