Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep. 2018 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Bruce W Bruce W wrote:

So, as I understand it, you get to name the next subject, Joe. Nice pic, by the way.  BW
    O K haven't heard from Bruce so how about something simple like your jeep on favorite country road, the more senic the better. Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep. 2018 at 4:44pm
Bruce W, looks like Joe is deferring the next hunt idea to you.  So have you got an idea for the next hunt?
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep. 2018 at 5:22pm
. I'd say that Joe's suggestion is a good one, your favorite country road with some good scenery. I have an idea for this one too, but don't know when I'll be able to get to the location. Been pretty busy. I still plan to post my version of the "watering hole" pic when I can get to it. I could do both in one trip. BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Jerry45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jerry45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep. 2018 at 11:33pm
Woody, On The Road in Beacon Falls, CT

1945 CJ-2A #11802
1950? Szekley Navy APU Jeep
Bantum BTC-3 Trailer

"They can have my Jeep when they pry it from my cold, dead hands."
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2018 at 12:25am
Very cool!!  You should send that picture to Kaiser Willys so I can do that puzzle.  LOL.  Looks like next hunt is your choice. 
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2018 at 1:52am
  We discussed allowing others after the winner to post, I like the idea. How about we let the old subject hang for a couple of days to allow others to post, before the new subject is announced?  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2018 at 2:04am
Nicely done Jerry

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
1947-cj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 1947-cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2018 at 2:45am

bBecky told Tom move over I'm drive.

RICH

1947 cj2a (Toy From Hell)
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2018 at 3:38am
Originally posted by Jerry45 Jerry45 wrote:

Woody, On The Road in Beacon Falls, CT

VERY Nice! 

I was scouting out one of my favorite roads today, by taking an alternate route home from work today.   I was disappointed to see that the state has not mowed the ditches in this stretch for a long time,   that detracts from the scenic appeal.    It is too late to "win",  but if it gets mowed anytime soon,  I might just post up a pic. 

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2018 at 3:56am
Just get a Jeep side mower and do it yourself!  Smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2018 at 4:27am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Just get a Jeep side mower and do it yourself!  Smile

I had a PTO on Wilson before I made all the drivetrain changes.   Plans are to move all that to '3A project one day.

A side mower would be perfect for that task . .  and would be kinda fun too.   Hmmmm. 
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2018 at 1:35pm
Bruce we’re kind of slow movin’ around here, so get your pictures and post them!  You’ve got me curious. 

Our air quality has been so poor that there aren’t any scenic views around here now. I’m so glad you others are getting things done!
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 6:31pm
This is the stretch of country road that I was planning to use.   These photos are not great,  but give an idea.   This spot is only about 1/2 mile from my house (going out the back way ).    In the right light,  it is truly beautiful. 

To get a good photo,  and capture the whole horizon,   would almost have to use a drone or something.   (hard to stand back far enough)

wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 7:05pm
Nice pics Jeepfever, In the first pic is that a waterbody down below? Had a similar pic with the same problem plus I couldn't get on the right side of the sun. I must be getting the full jeep fever cause I was drawn to the beautiful tires you have before the scenery. Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 8:00pm
I like NDTs!  Smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
48willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep. 2018 at 1:56am
Some great shots.
Here's mine, thought I would do a little of both subjects.
1946 cj2a #28680
1948 chevy 3800 thriftmaster
1946-50's cj2a-3a farm jeep
1993 yj, aka the yj7
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep. 2018 at 2:13am
Along the Rappahannock river in Virginia with a couple flat fender buddies.

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep. 2018 at 4:54am
Originally posted by wadoyado wadoyado wrote:

Nice pics Jeepfever, In the first pic is that a waterbody down below? Had a similar pic with the same problem plus I couldn't get on the right side of the sun. I must be getting the full jeep fever cause I was drawn to the beautiful tires you have before the scenery. Joe W

Thanks wadoyado!

There is no water body in this photo,  but you must have some kind of intuitive sense.  Shocked   On the other side of those trees,  looking from camera, across Wilson's rollbar,  there is an approx. 1 acre pond. Smile

Those tires are very new in this photo.  Literally the first 1/2 mile of their active life.   I mounted those on wheels last night.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>