Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

photobucket emailed me a THREAT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CT48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: photobucket emailed me a THREAT
    Posted: 18 May 2020 at 8:14pm
"Image Hosting Is Not Permitted

We have detected that you are hosting images using a free tier account in violation of our terms of use. You can either purchase an unlimited hosting plan or immediately stop hosting."

The first line was in bold letters..and the part about in-violation was underlined!

I believe the last time I hosted pics was over a year and a half ago!..and it was here on 2A page and I was using the now-defunct tinypic hosting site (which was bought out by photobucket a couple of years ago).

Over the last many months, they have spammed my email with constant (pathetic) offers to upgrade, and now a bossy tyrannical threat!

Anybody else getting fed up with all the various threats in 2020?

Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 9:51pm
Photobucket has to be up there with IBM and Sears who were clueless in adapting to the modern age.
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:41pm
I have managed to drag any photo I didn't have a copy on my computer off that bunch of A holes site and really do expect them to burn in Hell before they get a dime from me. They ruined a half dozen Discussion groups photos for me. Vintage Stereo Firearms Willys even some home remodeling stuff. SO screw them.

OK rant over

Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
mazi788 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazi788 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2020 at 8:42am
This is the time to switch another service.
 Post Reply Post Reply