Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Photobucket offer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Photobucket offer
    Posted: 28 Jan. 2018 at 4:38am
Got this email from Photobucket Looks like they have backed off the $400 annual fee.
photobucket offers

Hello Stan,

We would like to offer a tailored plan for users just like you - our Premium plan for $99.99 / year.

The Premium plan will provide 3rd party hosting for non-commercial use on your forums, blogs, and personal websites*. Additionally, you will be able to store up to 300,000 photos.

We are working on some exciting changes for 2018. This is our exclusive introductory price and this offer will expire in 7 days.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2018 at 5:35am
They sucked when it was free. It sounds like they figured out that they screwed up. I am not going that direction.
uncamonkey
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2018 at 6:54am
Serves 'em right to suffer the way I see it.....poor business practice.

And what happens in a year or two after they get all your pictures?

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2018 at 3:17pm
Yeah, I wouldnt go back for $9.99 Ive been using Imgur for pic hosting. Much better.  And with the google extension "photobucket hot link fix" all the old photobucket photos are still visible. 
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2018 at 10:59pm
I replied to their offer with "dead to me"...   I hope it wasn't too subtle-
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2018 at 1:57am
Just like all retailers today.  They want to up the price of something from .98 to 1.65. Nobody buy's so the up it to 2.20. Nobody buy's so they up it 2.98. Nobody buy's so up to3.65, nobody buy's, so they put on sale for 2.50 and people are fighting to buy!!  Go figure.  Confused
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2018 at 8:39pm
I think I'd tell them to put their offer where there's no danger of sunlight getting on it..............  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2018 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

So you're saying there's a chance!  LOL
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2018 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Freedom21 Freedom21 wrote:

Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

So you're saying there's a chance!  LOL

If unicorns can fart rainbows... ya, there's a chance LOL
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 4:53am
Aren't rainbows the standard unicorn digestive tract output? 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
LesBerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesBerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 10:42pm
Hey, Photobucket! ..|.,
1948 CJ2A 157713 24" Stretch "Old Ironsides"
1st Armored Div
6th Infantry Reg
3rd Infantry Bn
Headquarters Company #161

rubigo in quo speramus - "In Rust we Trust"
wheelie View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by LesBerg LesBerg wrote:

Hey, Photobucket! ..|.,

x2. Well said.
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 3:26pm
Got an email from photosuckit yesterday, basically a warning that I have over 500MB stored there.  Their "free" hosting limits for "free" accounts (read: abandoned and still dead to me) apparently go down to 25MB June 1st.

I know I can still see linked pics with their watermark in older threads, the new email says that since I have over the 25MB all of my photos there will be watermarked and blurred.  This will effectively make any older linked photos useless while still getting their name out there.  Not sure how this is different from them inserting a broken link message with their name on it...whatever.

I don't really care, will make no attempt at saving or changing anything, and will just let my older posts carry on with the photosuckit scar on them.  I only mention it for folks that may have something they want to move/save/archive...

jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 8:52pm
Screw me once shame on you, do it again shame on me, verbage changed to suit the forum I hope

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

Post Reply Post Reply