Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Forum How To's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

photos loading rotated

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: photos loading rotated
    Posted: 05 Aug. 2022 at 8:27pm
has anyone figured out why some photos auto (uncontrollably) rotate?

i do not think it is solely due to vertical or horizontal images. i have had no issues with both, then suddenly images taken vertically and loaded go horizontal. ??

i thought maybe it had something to do with editing the orientation in the phones editing software but that does not seem to be the issue. 
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
Jeff J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2022 at 8:39pm
The only way I know to guarantee pictures are loaded how a person expects is to move them from the phone to a computer, adjust if needed then load to a post from the computer. Whether moving pictures from my phone to my computer or posting to a forum, I have yet to encounter a situation that picture orientation from the iPhone isn’t a crapshoot. 

Edited by Jeff J - 05 Aug. 2022 at 8:42pm
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2022 at 8:44pm
ha. 

just took pic that was a vertical image and unedited it would go 90 degrees counter-clockwise. 

opened in iPhone editor, rotated it 1 time or 90 degrees then 3 more times (for total 360 degrees) and it loaded into post correctly. bizzare. 

Jeff, that was what i had surmised also and had been doing for a long time. but i am on a divide and conquer mission to be able to do everything on the iPhone. progress?

Edited by bight - 05 Aug. 2022 at 9:35pm
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2024 at 8:49pm
rocnroll says any edit will work. why? who knows?

but if the simplest edit will work, hot dang!
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
 Post Reply Post Reply