Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Suggestions and Comments for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Picture help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodshopguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Picture help
    Posted: 25 Mar. 2015 at 11:34pm
I am not a computer expert, but I am not a computer novice either . . . I am decent at surfing software and operating systems and what not . . . but I am looking for an easy, painless batch process type of way to size photos to post on the forum . . . I take the pics on my phone but need to resize them to upload here, which requires a long convoluted process of uploading, and downloading to some intermediate resize site . . .

Want to get the pics from my phone gmail at high res, directly to the forum at low res .. . .

How do others here handle this??

-Doug.

#33468 Column Shift
42 GPW on the TO DO list
Bantam #259
3.25 @ Bantam Trailers (Also TO DO)
41 Ford Coupe coming along slowly

Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2015 at 12:42am
The forum is really outdated. I post my pictures on imgur, then add them to the site and use the built in resizer. I memorized what the pixles are for a smaller picture after I manually resized one in Paint, and I just use that ratio.
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2015 at 1:04am
I just put all my photos on photobucket.com then all you have to do is paste the IMG link into your message and you get the high res pictures on your post. You don't have to re-size or upload the files to this forum's server.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
scoutpilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2015 at 9:01am
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

I just put all my photos on photobucket.com then all you have to do is paste the IMG link into your message and you get the high res pictures on your post. You don't have to re-size or upload the files to this forum's server.

X2 Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply