Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pope's 1949 CJ3A - 4.3L, SM465, Dana 18 Swap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cjtdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2020 at 3:25pm
Sorry, I am late to the party :) Excited and eager to see how it runs. 

So stock frame length, stock suspension height (SPUA)? SM465 + AA adapter + Dana18?  Can you please measure and post what's the bell-housing to tcase output flange length? And your rear driveshaft length?

Thanks! 
Pope891 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pope891 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2020 at 10:18pm
From the back of the engine block to the rear of the transfer case output yolk is about 26" with the transfer case brake removed.  Driveshaft is around 16"....that still gives a fair amount of free space.  

Keep in mind, my firewall was already notched which helps accommodate the engine, distributor and bellhousing.  I would imagine other folks who are considering a similar project will need to do creative "massaging" of the firewall to make a swap like this work.  It is not possible without a little sheet metal work (unless the internet can prove me wrong).
Instagram #flatfenderpope
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic