Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Forum How To's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Posting video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Posting video
    Posted: 09 Nov. 2021 at 11:51pm
Is the only way to post a video to pull it from the internet, e.g., from Youtube, etc.? I only have the one video and would like to limit my exposure to the internets.

Plus I don't know how to post a video to Youtube! I have a Google account for email, will that get me in?
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
GoodyearNDT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodyearNDT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov. 2021 at 9:23am
Unfortunately the image and video problem of hosting hasn't been solved yet.  Most social media sites make it transparent to post this stuff as they do the heavy lifting, but on a forum like this you have to use an external host for a big file like a video.

I think google email account allows you to use youtube. You might have to agree to the Youtube TOS before you can use it, but you won't have to sign up again. I haven't posted any video in ages, but if you log in on youtube's website, it should be pretty easy to upload.  On the right top corner of the page, look for the camcorder icon with a + in the middle.

Mark the video upload as "unlisted" and you can create a link to post here using the BBCode [ video] YOUTUBE URL [/ video].  If you set it as "private" then you have to explicitly add google users who can view it, if I recall right.

Edited by GoodyearNDT - 10 Nov. 2021 at 9:24am
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov. 2021 at 7:02pm
Thank you GoodyearNDT, this is very helpful.

When I visited Youtube's site it was all about creating a "channel" and "brand", stuff I don't care about. I'll try it and if successful, post a video here for the amusement of others.
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
 Post Reply Post Reply