Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

potential purchase

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fish4ever02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: potential purchase
    Posted: 26 Apr. 2017 at 5:19pm
Hi all, new here and looking for a trailer for my 2-door wrangler.  Decided on a Bantam as the tailgate has its advantages over the M416.  I have been in contact with the owner of this one and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions when looking at it.  Seems the floor has separated, hitch and leg assembly has been replaced but not sure if original frame? comes with Title. Seems in ok condition but any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2017 at 7:11pm
Looks good to me. The title is a plus, especially in your state.

I do not know what the bolt pattern for your Wrangler is. The pattern for this trailer should be 5 on5.5", thus, I think that you will have to carry a separate spare for this trailer.

If you just want a trailer to pull behind the Wrangler, this could be the one, as long as the frame is not rusted through, that is. With a little metal work & some paint, it would work well.

If you want a fully restored trailer, then a bit more work is needed.

Of course you do not want to pay too much for it. On that, I have no idea. I expect others will chime in in on that aspect.

IHTH, Cpt Logger.
fish4ever02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fish4ever02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2017 at 7:45pm
Thanks for the info Cpt.  

Still debating about all the work to get this where I want it, specifically the time and money involved, just not sure I have it.  as for starting price, my moto is its worth what you are willing to pay for it as I was not trying to solicit that info as I know that could be a sensitive topic for new person to ask.  More looking for info on condition and how much this was hacked already, so thank you for your info as greatly appreciated!!

M
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2017 at 7:49am
Ok, If you do not mind my asking, what are your plans for this, or any "Jeep" trailer?

You do not have to restore it this week. I would repack the wheel bearings, fix the wiring, if needed, & look hard at the tires. Then I would use it. Panel repair & paint could come later.

I agree that the tongue has been heavily modified. Other than the coupling being welded to the channel iron, it looks stout & functional. Is the coupling bolted on as well as being welded? If so, it should be fine. Look at the welds & if they look good, & I expect that they will, it would be at least as strong as original. 

Please keep in mind, I am no trailer expert. Yet, IMHO, it looks like the frame itself is original, to be sure we will need some pictures of the frame. The rest of the trailer looks original to me as well. 

Again, IHTH, Cpt Logger.
 Post Reply Post Reply