Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Q8’s Wheel in the Catskills - New York

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Q8’s Wheel in the Catskills - New York
    Posted: 06 Aug. 2021 at 7:59pm
Here are some shot of Bob W, Steve, and I wheeling a trail called “12 Step”

Tomorrow we are going to wheel Farm Lot #9

California last week, New York this week.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2021 at 9:53pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug. 2021 at 6:37pm
I’m so close to the Catskills, I would really have enjoyed meeting you guys… I did not read about this event? I did not know you guys would be here in NY! If you are ever here again and need a co-pilot PLEASE let me know… It would be a honor to ride with you guys. I’m a good gofer! Go for this, go for that. 
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug. 2021 at 7:20pm
I’m headed home now. When I get home, I’ll put some video together. Today on Farm Lot #9 was pretty intense! I can’t believe I didn’t break anything!

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug. 2021 at 8:12pm
It was a really fun day. Thanks Jeff for driving coast to coast to wheel in NY!
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2021 at 5:02pm
Here is another video link. It a bit long. If you go 24:30 minutes into it, it gets pretty technical.

I’m home an i have to mow grass but when I get done, I have one more video and some commentary.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2021 at 7:54pm
This is the last video:

This trail is totally legit. My footage is not very good because the trail was just too intense to drive and film at the same time. Just watch the stuff that Charlie is going through in his XJ. BAM BAM had to go thru all of it. As usual, the video does not do it justice. Thanks Bob W for entertaining me this weekend! Can’t wait to get back since I only got to do a fraction of the property.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2021 at 9:16pm
That looks a lot like what Tellico used to look like back when it was pristine years and years ago.....before it basically got used up and closed.....or was ' returned to nature' however you want to say it.

Looks like a neat place to play.Thumbs Up

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2021 at 9:34pm
How did Charlie ever get that many dents in his Grand Cherokee?
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2021 at 11:04pm
I am so jealous of all the adventures going on.   I barely have time to look at photos and videos,  let alone participate.

This photo struck me as one of my favorites ever.  Jeff appears so casual,  just another day in the park. LOL

JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2021 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

That looks a lot like what Tellico used to look like back when it was pristine years and years ago.....before it basically got used up and closed.....or was ' returned to nature' however you want to say it.

Some of my best Jeeping memories are from Tellico . . . it was probably 1/2 used up then,  when I first saw it  . . Wilson's first Jeep Jamboree.   I can't remember the year,  but I think it was the 8th Jamboree there.  
Gaffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2021 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

I am so jealous of all the adventures going on.   I barely have time to look at photos and videos,  let alone participate.

This photo struck me as one of my favorites ever.  Jeff appears so casual,  just another day in the park. LOL

ShockedIt looks like his front driver spring is bent and the front passenger spring has and inverted shackle.  I didn't notice at first.  Great picture.  Beautiful picture.
-Gaffer
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2021 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Gaffer Gaffer wrote:

It looks like his front driver spring is bent and the front passenger spring has and inverted shackle.  I didn't notice at first.  Great picture.  Beautiful picture.
Good Eye. Yes, when I came off that obstacle, both my shackles were inverted. I have a limiter strap on my front pumpkin but I lost a bolt out of the clevis that attaches the pumpkin to the strap. Bob noticed it and we fixed it.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Gaffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2021 at 5:19pm
I am living vicariously through all the adventures and builds on the cj2a page.  I will pick random pictures from this site for desktop encouragement.  It keeps me motivated.  After I put this photo on my desktop it was a lot easier to notice the springs.Big smile
-Gaffer
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2021 at 6:14pm
I in this photo, you can see the limiter strap which allows the axle full droop side to side but doesn’t not allow both shackles to droop together which is how they get inverted.

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Nothing Special View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Special Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2021 at 1:08pm
I hate being That Guy, questioning / criticizing someone on the internet, but I'm going to risk it here.  The shoulder harness in the white Jeep is anchored down on the floor, and comes over the back of the seat that's well below the driver's shoulders.  I've always heard that shoulder harnesses should come DOWN to the driver's shoulders rather than up.  If the driver of that white jeep got thrown forward into the restraints his back would get compressed, which might be worse than not having the shoulder harness at all.

That said, I know I've done plenty of wrong things in my life, and what I wrote here might be one of them!  I know that I don't know it all, and I don't want to seem like a know-it-all.  If anyone who knows more than me wants to correct me I'm fine with that.  But based on what I think I know, that doesn't look safe.
Bob

Flatfender wannabe
'71 Ford Bronco
stevez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep. 2021 at 10:11pm
you guys having any fall runs?
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep. 2021 at 8:34pm
There is currently nothing in the works. Most of the Jeep trails are closed during hunting season and that is fast approaching.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>