Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question Jeep-A-Trench

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question Jeep-A-Trench
    Posted: 16 July 2010 at 8:50pm
Hi ya'll,   I need some information if possible about the value of an old manual I found of my dad's; it's a "Jeep-A-Trench" Installation Instructions manual,   it is from Auburn Machine Works in Auburn, Nebraska.  I've done a little research and found that Auburn Machine Works is now called Great Dane, and this book would have been delivered with the Jeep-A-Trench. There is an ad for the Jeep-A-Trench on page 77 in the March 1955 Popular Mechanics magazine, also that I found online.
Pretty cool manual but I don't know how rare it is.  This is not the brochure. I have a scan of it if someone will tell me how to upload it, I would like to share the cover scan with you guys.  
  This manual might help me buy a few groceries for my 16 year old CJ2A man,  so thank you for any help you can give a mom!
bobsmom
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 10:54am
Assuming that the cover scan is a jpg or other similar image format, you can upload the the image to the forum File Manager where every member is allocated 2 megabytes of space.  Once the image is loaded to the File Manager , it can be displayed in a post.  If the image file is too large (greater than 300K bytes), you can upload the image to one of several free photo hosting sites on the Web.  Finally, I saw that you emailed an earlier photo to lowenuf who posted it for you.  I'm sure he would do it again if you were to point him to this thread, or, I would be glad to do it for you.

It's getting to be a long thread, but if you take the time to read this,  How to add a picture to a post, you should be able to do it.

First concept is that the pictures must be uploaded to either the file manager space you have on this forum or a photo sharing site or your own Web server or ISP-provided space.

Second concept is to use the tree-shaped icon to actually insert a link to the picture in a post to the forum.   That icon will also allow you to upload a picture to the file manager here and insert the link to it in one operation. 

Give it a try in the Testing and Support for the forum How to add a picture to a post thread.  Everyone who has posted there to help others or to learn how to post pictures will be glad to help if you have trouble.

Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
Glennstin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glennstin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2010 at 7:04pm
Hello, I have an Auburn Jeep-A-Trench in working condition and would like to either buy this manual or get a copy.  I have looked for any factory material relating to this machinery.  Please let me know what you decide to do.   Glenn Byron   glenns@tdstelme.net 
'50 Jeepster, Two '55 Customs (Aero), '58 CJ3B, Willys Special Equipment, Literature, AL-TOY JEEPS
Bobsmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2010 at 6:09pm
This is the correct way to insert an image.

Check the BBodes in the post window.

Russ

Edited by russnj - 29 July 2010 at 6:22pm
bobsmom
Bobsmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobsmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2010 at 6:11pm
Alright that didn't work. I am trying to upload pictures of the Jeep A Trench manual. Sorry for all the HTML
can you forum doctors remove that ?  I hope so.  I'll try something else. Thanks.
bobsmom
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2010 at 7:21pm
In addition to the message from Russ, I noticed that the URL to your images ended in ".jpg.php"  They need to end an image file type such as ".jpg" .  Also, I tried to cut and paste the URL into my browser to make sure that the images could actually be displayed.  I got a message indicating the I could not access the pictures.  I could not tell if that was because I am using a computer at a location where there are limits on what can be viewed over the Internet or if the pictures are hosted at a site that requires a logon.  The pictures must be publically viewable without a logon in order for them to be displayed in a forum post or viewable by others through a posted link.

Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2010 at 7:02pm

I too have a working Jeep-a-Trench and would like a copy of that manual. Sent you a PM.

Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Post Reply Post Reply