Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Forum How To's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quotes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quotes
    Posted: 31 Mar. 2017 at 12:27am
Rookie question here, How do you quote just one sentence from a post and not the whole post? Thanks Joe Wadoyado
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2017 at 12:43am
Hit the Quote button, that opens it to edit then insert you cursor where you want and 'erase' with your backspace key.

Biggest thing to remember is you can erase ANYTHING BUT the bracketed words. ALWAYS include the brackets or it won't 'QUOTE' it like you are used to seeing.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2017 at 12:46am
Originally posted by wadoyado wadoyado wrote:

Thanks Joe Wadoyado

I inserted curser at the T of Thanks and backspaced all the way to the bracket after wadoyado...(but leave the bracket)

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2017 at 1:19am
Thanks rocknroll. seems like I tried that but when I backspaced a couple of sentences the spacing changed(probably just me I'll try again) Thanks, Hows the Willys V-8 doing? Joe Wadoyado
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2017 at 1:56am
It's good...Tuesday was it's ninth birthday  (doesn't seem like its been running that long) so we took a little cruise and ate some shrimp....and answered a few questions. Wink

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2017 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

Tuesday was it's ninth birthday  Wink

Hey, it worked I think! Hope you got it a birthday present, I know my jeep "seemed" to run better whenever it got a present. Thanks again for the info Joe Wadoyado
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2017 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by wadoyado Thanks again for the info Joe Wadoyado[/QUOTE wadoyado Thanks again for the info Joe Wadoyado[/QUOTE wrote:

If you inadvertently erase one of the brackets

If you inadvertently erase one of the brackets it will look like this.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Reply Post Reply