Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

radiator felt staples

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GloucesterBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: radiator felt staples
    Posted: 22 Mar. 2019 at 12:02am
i have fragments of the old felt presently on my 2a for between the grill and radiator. I see staples around the area where the old felt was previously fastened. I purchased new felts from Walcks. Is there a commercial stable gun that will pierce the sheet metal to mount the new felt? I was thinking about some very small , self tapping sheet metal screws, but I pretty sure they will just spin the felt like cloth on a drill bit etc> 

Any idea's or suggestions?

Jerry

'47 CJ2A #96661

WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2019 at 12:42am
  Pop rivets would make an easy install. If you want to make it look like the staples you can remove the old ones and replace them in the same holes with a soft wire shaped like a staple using needle nose pliers to roll the ends. It makes it easier if a hole is made in the felt with a awl before installing the new staple.

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2019 at 1:28am
scroll to 5/7-5/8

Edited by mbullism - 22 Mar. 2019 at 1:32am
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
GloucesterBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GloucesterBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar. 2019 at 12:38am
Thank you, fella's!!
Jerry

'47 CJ2A #96661

Post Reply Post Reply