Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RADIATOR HOSES FOR A CJ2A ...225 V6...'66 MUSTANG
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RADIATOR HOSES FOR A CJ2A ...225 V6...'66 MUSTANG

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RADIATOR HOSES FOR A CJ2A ...225 V6...'66 MUSTANG
    Posted: 23 Dec. 2022 at 3:59am
HELLO GUYS
Have a '47 CJ2A with a 225 V6 motor. Installed a '66 mustang radiator and am wondering what radiator hoses have worked for you guys with this set up.
thanks, Jim
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2022 at 7:39am
Not familiar with the mustang radiator myself. 
Can you upload a pic showing positions of the inlet and outlet ?
Currently building my final F-134 powered 3B .
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

jeepsterjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2022 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by oldtime oldtime wrote:

Not familiar with the mustang radiator myself. 
Can you upload a pic showing positions of the inlet and outlet ?

Here ya  go Ken. Though my grille and crossmember are modified, others that use this radiator do so in a more stock environment.  It's a slick upgrade. ya I know.....it's not a Willys Jeep part

Picture 1 of 4

Edited by jeepsterjim - 23 Dec. 2022 at 1:17pm
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2022 at 1:16pm
Here's  pics of it sitting in my 2A

cut the crossmember for rad placement.

placed a pieced of angle iron in for a fitness check.The angle iron will be cut flush with the crossmember.

have at least  3/4" between the rad cap and hood. Will replace the stock cap with a safety release type. This is a 3 row rad.

Rad tucks right in. Rad mounts from the front but should be straight forward to mount with some 1 1/4" angle iron.  Remember, this rad works well in near stock rigs. Look it up on line.

Rad covers the grille area well. still need to trim the angle iron. have at least 2" of fan to rad clearance in which can be fine tuned later on along with a shroud.

THERE YOU GO KEN. This worked well for my conversion.

Edited by jeepsterjim - 23 Dec. 2022 at 1:18pm
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2022 at 1:44pm
Hmmmn, both upper and lower in/out are on the left side.
Different than any of the old Jeep configurations.
Not sure what hoses might fit.
10 years ago NAPA would have 50 different belts hanging on the wall. And 50 hoses on the shelf. Nowadays they keep nothing in stock at my NAPA not even a single belt nor hose. You have to know a specific application so they can get it brought in from a wherehouse.

Edited by oldtime - 23 Dec. 2022 at 1:48pm
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2022 at 2:44pm
YA, hardly a belt or hose to select from. One guy PM'd and said he used a stock bottom V6 hose. By looking at pics, the stock mustang hose may work since it's basically a 90 degree bent hose. Just need feedback and more research. 
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
duffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2022 at 3:09pm
This is the one I trimmed up a bit to use on the bottom of my 3B with the sbc's.  It may work for you.
1955 3B: 441sbc,AGE 4 speed transmission, Teralow D18w/Warn OD, 4.11:1 D44's/ARB's, glass tub & fenders, aluminum hood/grill, 8274, York OBA, Premier Power Welder; 67 CJ5: 225,T86AA, D18, 4.88's, OD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2022 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by duffer duffer wrote:

This is the one I trimmed up a bit to use on the bottom of my 3B with the sbc's.  It may work for you.

Thanks, I saved it. 
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec. 2022 at 4:55pm
I may have the sme Mustang radiator in my V-6 powered 2A.   upper outlet is top center and bottom is passemger side, BUT it is a straight back 90 degree and needs to be changed to 45 degree upwards, then stock V-6 hoses should work

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec. 2022 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Fltfndr Fltfndr wrote:

I may have the sme Mustang radiator in my V-6 powered 2A.   upper outlet is top center and bottom is passemger side, BUT it is a straight back 90 degree and needs to be changed to 45 degree upwards, then stock V-6 hoses should work

Fltfndr

So you changed out the bottom outlet to a 45 degree?  right now the outlet is straight out. 

Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec. 2022 at 5:27pm
45* on left would be very similar to the Modine Dauntless radiators on the bottom. Likely then that the std. hose would fit at the bottom.
Zero aftermarket parts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec. 2022 at 6:58pm

45* on left would be very similar to the Modine Dauntless radiators on the bottom. Likely then that the std. hose would fit at the bottom.

Kinda thought that to and ordered one. We shall see. have a great Christmas Ken,
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2023 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Fltfndr Fltfndr wrote:

Fltfndr

yes, more like the stock V6 radiators bottom outlet. Looking at that now. We are wanting to slip a short piece either in or over the existing outlet and pitch it 45 degree. BUT the fitting will a 60 degree bend. A least that's what's on papar and trial runs with fittings. Will use the stock lower hose is this idea works out.

Jim
CJ-2A - 81299

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2023 at 10:59pm
Great news, I found a good upper hose to use. Looks like a factory fit. Only had to trim 1/4" off of each end. 
Still working on the lower hose. Am waiting for a hose and fitting(s) to arrive this week.

See pics

Parts number

Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2023 at 9:46am
Glad you found the upper hose and posted the number.
Depending on which radiator I choose to go with (have several) I may need the same hose on my next two Jeeps.

Edited by oldtime - 02 Jan. 2023 at 9:49am
Zero aftermarket parts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2023 at 10:54am

Glad you found the upper hose and posted the number.
Depending on which radiator I choose to go with (have several) I may need the same hose on my next two Jeeps.

Helping others out  with their projects is important to me. I rely on others, such as you, in  finding information/ knowledge to help build my project(s), so returning the favor is easy. 

I hope to have the lower hose issue solved shortly. 

Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
 Post Reply Post Reply