Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ramsey 200R disassembed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ramsey 200R disassembed
    Posted: 25 Sep. 2018 at 4:04am
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2018 at 11:40am
There's not much to them.
Priam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2018 at 10:52pm
Yeah, it's interesting that they're still rather prolific today, especially in the towing industry; they are elegant in their simplistic design. Until I had this unit in my paws if someone asked me to name a winch company the only one that'd come to mind was "Warn". Now I've noticed a small sign on a building I pass as I head to work that says "Ramsey", and I see these often on tow trucks if I pay attention.

This particular unit was pulled from an MB and I'm planning on throwing it onto my CJ-2A restoration project. 
TateC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TateC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2018 at 11:01pm
That’s cool to see all the parts spread out. Its fun to have someone else from Salt Lake City on the forum.
Tate Christensen
1941 Ford GP #9687
1943 Willys MB #263100
1944 Ford GPW #234613
1945 Willys CJ2A #10226
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2018 at 11:25pm
Oh cool I hadn't notice you were from Utah to.  Lets go for a trail ride sometime.
You guys should of gone out to the Colorado tour.
Brett
Priam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2018 at 5:10am
Ah, that's great to know y'all are out here! I'd love to go for a trail ride, but, well, my CJ-2A is very early on in the restoration process. As I type, the engine block is down at Crankshaft Grinders for some machine work. My trans and tc are completely disassembled and cleaned, hopefully to start on reassembly this weekend. Got a sample ounce of "Harvest Tan" from KC Auto Paint on Redwood, I'm going to apply that to a Hot Wheel and see if I like that color. And I'm trying to find someone locally to do some frame repair, about the front 18" was damaged because it used to have a plow fitted to it. That about as far as I am into this. ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply