Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ratdog update/pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GloucesterBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ratdog update/pics
    Posted: 30 Dec. 2018 at 5:16pm
7 tears ago I purchased my '472A ($500)from my moms neighbor. It had been sitting since 1974 in her garage. I was not in the market, but always had an eye on it. My son (18 years old art the time) and I pushed it two blocks home to our house with no brakes and decades of neglect. It sat in my garage for many years without much attention. 

Two moths ago I got a kick in the butt to get moving on "the jeep" as my wife would put it. I have been putting in the hours and making some progress. I have been stumped many times over the past couple months and you all were here to walk me through some issues and keep me focused. For that, THANK YOU!

Here are some pics to show you what I have and where i am with it. My intentions are to just get her(Ratdog) street worthy and enjoy her. I believe she is beautiful just the way she is! I hope to enjoy our maiden voyage in the next few weeks.

Please send comments on originality and so forth in an effort to let me know what I have and what I don't have. Thank you.

My son and I at the neighbors house making the purchase

Got (pushed)her home 2 blocks to our house

Easing her down the driveway using a chock to keep her from rolling into the garage! Oh boy!

1947 brake stuffCry

So, Thats my update. You folks are really cool and kind!

Happy New year to all of you. I pray that you enjoy a happy, healthy, restful 2019!!

Jerry

'47 CJ2A #96661

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec. 2018 at 11:58pm
Jerry,
I LOVE the Ratdog and agree with you. She is beautiful just the way it sits. Even the funky tail lights are cool and unique.
Just  FYI, that lower left tail light that is busted out is the only original one on the back. They only came with that single tail/brake light on the left side along with a reflector on the right side. Looks like you also have the remains of the reflector there on the right.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec. 2018 at 12:00am
The only thing that matters is that YOU LIKE it.

Best of luck with what looks like a great project.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
swmoboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swmoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2019 at 1:42pm
Please keep us posted on our progress.

1947 CJ2a #155307
Charles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2019 at 12:20am
Awesome father son project. That’s how I got into jeeps keep posting.
Charlie
46 CJ2A 26063
46 CJ2A 19760
 Post Reply Post Reply