Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rausch Creek July 2020 - Event Date: 03 July 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 2:41pm
I agreed to your terms.
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

Seems like they ask what "group" you are with,  if you are registering separately.    If asked,  are we the Qwaaazy8's  ?
Let's just use the group name "Crazy 8s" to simplify things for the office staff.
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 6:06pm
LOL   that would be easier.   

Unfortunately,   I am going to have to cancel.  Cry  Circumstances beyond my control.   I am bummed,  I was really looking forward to this trip.      I was even out in the woods this morning for a shake-down run to make sure everything was working. 
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 9:14pm
Vey sorry. Was looking forward to meeting a fellow Flatfendering near me. Just finished putting my 3A on the trailer. Looking forward to seeing JPET again and the others remaining. Maybe JeepFever and I can meet elsewhere. Sleepy creek will open again during hunting season... 23,000 acres with lots of trails.
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 9:20pm
So do you have to be a member to enter the park. I’ve never been there before but it looks like a $20 membership fee and a $53 day pass... am I reading that correctly? Can you ride without being a member? Seems kinda high. Southington was $60 for a weekend pass with camping! 
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 9:27pm
If we are talking about Sleepy Creek, it is a WV state game preserve with absolutely no game. Lots of good trails that are poorly maintained (byocs... bring your own chain saw). Some are fun. Some are very challenging. I really enjoyed the power line access trail up from the 800 acre lake that had 4 foot ditches between the trail with loose shale at the top. The power line really hums. Tried to get a WV state senator (a jeep guy) to come out  to see about switching it from wildlife to recreation. Didn't work out.
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 9:42pm
I’m referring to the fees at Rausch creek. 
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 10:15pm
Looks to me that we have to pay $20 (each) for a membership (good until the end of this year) and $53 for each visit. At least that is what I am prepared for. Of course I would probably pay may if needed, given the effort to get there. You might want to think about coming all the way down to Sleepy Creek later. Happy to show you the place (only during whatever hunting season is on tap... with the roads open.
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2020 at 12:55am
Everyone must be a member, except minors. Yearly membership is $20. Eqch vehicle and driver is $53. Each passenger is $12.
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2020 at 12:05pm
Elroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2020 at 12:15pm
I need to send out a massive thank you to everybody who helped me today. That’s something I missed about jeeping , some of the best people in world!!!!!!!!!. I got on the trailer at 3:45AM, just got home at 7 . Almost 26hrs,I’m taking a nap!!!
             Thanks again everybody.
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2020 at 12:21pm
I am grateful for the winching (twice) and especially for Seth and his son for finding an exit from Beaver Creek. We made it back to the truck just before 5 pm and home by 8. Weigh myself every day. Lost 3.4 pounds yesterday!
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2020 at 12:34pm
Sounds like there are some interesting stories to tell.  LOL

Would loved to have been there,   to wheel again with familiar friends,  and to meet some new ones.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2020 at 1:31pm

CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2020 at 1:37pm

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2020 at 1:39pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2020 at 1:45pm

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2020 at 1:48pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>