Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rausch Creek July 2020 - Event Date: 03 July 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2020 at 9:45pm
Steve, you’re more than welcome. We’re all there to help each other out. I had a great time. It’s going to take me awhile to go through and edit all the video. I’ll post a trail video soon. In the meantime. Here’s a carnage assessment video. Nothing too bad on my Jeep but a few new bumps and bruises.... (character) haha! 

3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2020 at 12:20am
Looks like you got off pretty easy. Thanks again for everything. Think I might have lost one of my sons as a jeeping partner if I hadn't gotten him home until the next day. Went out today with a sledge hammer and adjusted some sheet metal. Not sure my Bestop will fit anymore... it'll be nip and tuck (and more sledge hammering). One u bolt skid plate sorta moved my shock absorber bolt a bit but I don't feel like it makes any difference. The only real issue I came away with is that my overdrive is stuck (won't go in). Had a similar issue two years ago after a Fall Colors Tour where unlike yesterday I used it a lot in 4 low. Took a bit over a month back and forth with Herm (the overdrive guy) to get it back. Was a bad shift fork. Not expensive but now I am debating waiting until after the next FCT before sending it back... and then there is the Uhawriee Jeep Jamboree a couple of weeks after that. What to do, what to do. 
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2020 at 6:54pm
Here’s some of my video from Saturday! 

Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2020 at 1:38am
Thanks for the videos Seth!!! Fun times.
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2020 at 1:53am
Likewise. You "done good".

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2020 at 3:04am
Thanks guys! Jason (tuxedo park cj5)  isn’t a 2a page member so I’ll post his videos... 

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2020 at 3:08am
Here is my collection of video:

Thanks to Seth and Jason for supplying me with footage of BAM BAM.

Even though the weather was hot, it was also very dry so we were able to do the obstacles with a lot of success. I think this might be my favorite day park. Lots of challenges with bypasses. We spent the day in mostly red and black trails. This is the fourth time I have been there and I still haven’t done it all. So glad we were all able to get together and I’m glad Joel was able to recover his rig. Next time we do this, let’s plan on finishing Rock Creek, get to Otter’s and Death Trap.

Awesome time guys!!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2020 at 2:55am
I have been "off the grid" for the weekend while in western MD.   Cellular One towers there do not play well with my cell phone data carrier.  . . .   Txt messaging only, and simple emails.  So I have been living the simple life.

Just got back home,  and can't wait to view the videos.  

Some off topic news.   My mother's family has roots in western MD,  and my brother and I both have some remnants of our great-great-great grandfathers' property . .  bordering a newly formed state park.  (the state purchased thousands of acres to form this state park).    We at first were delighted when the state bought this hunt-club/ATV-club because we thought we would no longer be subjected to the distant noise of ATV's (instead of perfect silence of this remote mountain)

I got a chance to talk to a couple of the "park rangers" this past weekend.  To our horror (yet delight),  I found out that the plan is to make this state park a "off road" park.   (My brother and I thought it would be an extension of the "hiking" park nearby).

If it goes the way that these guys describe,  this might turn into a mini Rausch Creek. Shocked     My start to Jeepin'  was on this land  . . when it was a strip mine,  and some hunting trails down to Potomac river.   It was some REALLY cool wheeling back then,   not sure what it looks like now.   
I hate the thought that our cabin may no longer be the "secluded/quiet" get-away we have enjoyed for years,  but love the thought we might be able to host a Qwaaazy8 event,  essentially free of cost,  in a cool location.   (I can't wait to see the trails we have not had access to for past 20 years)

edit:  I mention Qwaaazy8,  because in their literature they mandate lockers, and winch on some of the trails. Smile  . .   Of course if I host an event some day,  any flatfender is invited,  we can choose a day's trails that includes everyone.

My brother and I have 8 acres,  adjoining the park . . .  he has some decent flat open space for camping, a picnic area, and pond  (running low at this point,  needs some repair to dam,  but still cool),   I have some more camping space and a small (original hand-hewn) log cabin, with restroom and shower etc.   

Edit 2:  I did not mention that this park is a work in progress,  the trails I remember are not open to public yet.

Edited by JeepFever - 07 July 2020 at 12:23pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2020 at 12:27pm
Ron, that sounds great! Can’t wait to see how it turns out for you. 

Here is Jason’s (Blue cj5) video from Rausch. He got some great different perspectives from the trails. 

JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2020 at 3:38am
Finally watched all the videos.     . . .   I so wish I could have been there as originally planned. Cry     
Barry S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 10:13pm
Just finished watching all the videos.  Looks like it was a great adventure!  Miss seeing you guys -- Next time!  Thanks for sharing!

-Barry
1947 CJ2A 93664 "Grasshopper"
1947 CJ2A 90729
194? CJ2A 04893/194304
1946 CJ2A 46745
1946 CJ2A 36723
1945 MB   413665
1971 CJ5 8305017 375392 Drive train parts donor
Bantam Trailer T3-C 25487
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 10:43pm
Having bashed up a few low hanging parts, I have ordered some rock rails. Should be here in a few days. Hope I can get them over the foot "rest" on the driver's side that is a bit out of normal. Beaver Creek at Rauch was the hardest "trail" (not sure it is a trail) I have ever taken. Following Jeff is a challenge. While I doubt I'll do anything that tough again, I must admit there is something addictive about it or I wouldn't have ordered the rock rails. Oh, well... off to the CFCT....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123