Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

registration and license in CA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: registration and license in CA
    Posted: 29 Dec. 2017 at 7:48am
I search and was not able to find any inf.  I have a '47 BT3C I purchased about 9 yrs ago and have never registered it.  I don't have a title.  What is required to get this licensed and registered in CA?  I found somewhere that I can go to the DMV and say its a home built trailer.  Is that my only option?  The previous owner did not have a title either.  Any advice to get this registered  is appreciated.  
Thanks,
Eddie
1947 Bantam T3C
flatfender47 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatfender47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2017 at 3:26pm
Does it still have the Bantam ID plate on the front ?
You can try that.
If they fall for it, they will assign a VIN and attach a DMV VIN ID plate to the trailer.
Good luck.

Edited by flatfender47 - 29 Dec. 2017 at 3:28pm
1947 CJ2A 225V6 SM420 D30 PLok/D44 D/Locker Warn OD 5:38s
chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2017 at 4:40pm
Can you produce a bill of sale for the trailer? If so, take it and the trailer to DMV. They will have you fill out a statement of facts form. Just state that it has not been used on the the road for 5 plus years and all you got from the old owner is a bill of sale. They will need to do a vin check on it.
Jay

emah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2017 at 5:52pm
yes, it still has the ID plate on it. It’s damaged and hard to read but it’s there.
1947 Bantam T3C
emah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2017 at 5:54pm
I have a hand written BOS somewhere just have to find it.  If I can’t find it am I out of luck?
1947 Bantam T3C
 Post Reply Post Reply