Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Replacing floors (and lots more)...advice?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 10:34pm
    That looks like the MD Juan piece, also possibly sold as an OMIX ADA part, which to date we do not know if it has been corrected to meet factory dimensions. Older parts from the same suppliers had the wrong toeboard angle, and the holes for the shifters were off  from the factory location. Some also reported that the hat channels and toeboard gussets were off as well. Hopefully those issues are now corrected...I remember a thread where someone had used that panel and basically had to cut apart all the welds to reposition things,and do some fab work around the holes to make it fit their tub and jeep.
   Many of our jeeps have seen some rough use, and it is quite possible that some of the troubles people have with the repop parts is that their jeeps  no longer meet factory specs either. I forget who posted front frame examples he had personally measured that were way off in height....on decent looking jeeps. Especially if you know your jeep was used reenacting Rat Patrol episodes, it is worth doing some frame measuring before locking down a new floor  to your tub. There are basic measurements in the Factory manuals..
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 1:58am
Hey Matt

My $135.00 tub that I redid took me a long time to rebuild...and if you look at my Jeep project pictures it is not a pretty Jeep tub at all...to me my 1947 CJ2A Willys Jeep is 66 years old....it should look like it is 66 years old Jeep tub...I actually thought I was going to be able to do mine as a low dollar project.....the tub was low dollar...nothing else was after that.....I have more into the front knuckles than I do into the tub...

Good luck with your project....

MikeC

Edited by mikec4193 - 04 Dec. 2019 at 12:46pm
I am the squirrel....
dan_md juan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan_md juan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 8:32am
Hi! i want to help...do you also consider of replacing it with an aftermarket item?
njtool View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njtool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2013 at 2:00pm
Dan,
I haven't thought about it much. I think this tub is salvageable and working on it is where all the fun is.

However, I have been following all the improvements md Juan has been doing on their tubs and when I get a willys that's way too much work to bring it back to life, I would have no problem getting an md Juan tub kit

1946 CJ2A #44985
1945 CJ2A #10220
M-416 Trailer
K-38 Lineman Trailer
52 M38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52 M38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2014 at 9:31pm
Does anyone have a source for the center of the front floor.  I was replacing the sides because the center looked ok, well it turned to dust, so I need one of those now.  I can't seem to find a center section only. 
huppfarm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huppfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec. 2019 at 4:21pm
Howdy, just now found your post and was curious how you did on installing the rear floor panel?......I want to attempt it while the tub is on the frame and not remove the tub as I do not have any lifts or people who could help me lift it off of the frame...…..what did you end up doing and do you have any pics of your project?

thank you for your time!
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2019 at 4:52am
Welcome to the page, huppfarm!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12