Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Product Review Forum > Body Group
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Repo tubs and MD Juan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Name Blocked) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repo tubs and MD Juan
    Posted: 14 Aug. 2007 at 1:54am
Got in a Repo tub yesterday and everything looks ok even the hat channel. Then I noticed the wheel wells grooves on the top were the wrong lenght. One is 7 inches too short and other is 3 inches too. I really can not figure this one out as to why they did this. Just half ass I guess.

Looks as if we are going to do some welding to correct both sides.
hillbilly21 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2007 at 9:29am
  Who did you get it from ??
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
hillbillystoys.phanfare.co
(Name Blocked) View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Name Blocked) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2007 at 12:41pm
I got it in a trade but the tub was made by MD Juan and vendor who sold it was originally Willys Overland. I will post some photos.   I found out that all repo tub and replacement tub parts have the same length grooves.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Name Blocked) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2007 at 1:25pm
Here is a photo of original and another one of the repo tub. Going to figure out how to correct this. All repo tub replacement wheel well parts are the same from all vendors. I never even noticed. Also bow bracket is for reference only and not installed

Edited by Alan - 14 Aug. 2007 at 1:31pm
BC472A105381 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BC472A105381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2007 at 6:56pm
Welcome to the world of aftermarket!!The tube is more a 3A than a 2A!!!!
47CJ2A Princeton Black Purchaced new by my Great-Grandfather!!

70 CJ-5 with 8,000lb. Ramsey winch V-6

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Name Blocked) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2007 at 7:19pm
You are so correct on that. My only problem is with the groove in the wheel well. Got my wheel well from classic enterprizes today and it is not better then MD juan. Grooves are a bit short and not correct shape. Still good work.
I have come to the conclusion MDJuan will have to do until I find something better.
 Post Reply Post Reply