Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > CJ2A Page Member Created Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Repros of the tailight spacer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repros of the tailight spacer
    Posted: 23 Apr. 2007 at 1:33pm
My buddy is making the spacer, found on the CJ3B page, used on some of the CJ2A's, CJ-2A serial number 209951 in 1948, and all CJ's into the CJ5's for the drivers side taillight for the license plate. It mounted to the body tub and some type of rubber spacer was mounted between it and the tub. The taillight mounted directly to the spacer. The idea was to better illuminate the license plate. $25 and postage. See the CJ3B page for more info. Do a search under taillights.
The red taillight is off my CJ3B firejeep and I bought a CJ5 last fall that also had this spacer.

Edited by Oakes - 23 Apr. 2007 at 2:25pm
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2007 at 8:23am
Nice job, Bill... Is that the shop teacher from Palmer's work?
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Oakes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2007 at 8:52am

No, ex IBM employee. When they closed in Fishkill he bought some of their equipment. He has three CNC machines in his basement.  He does everything from precision medical instruments to the clips that hold the night vision goggles on military helmets.

Hope he doesn't read this site but he's pretty handy to have 20 min from my house!Wink

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS
Hamhog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2022 at 7:37pm

Dave
Hamhog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2023 at 10:22pm
Does anyone make these anymore? I need three more.
Dave
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2023 at 10:25pm
I guess I could use one too......but didn't realize it! LOL

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2023 at 9:58am
Walck's did have them.  I don't see them on the KW site yet. Part no. 669879

I bought some a while back from a place called Pioneer Garage in MA.

Here's one listing (note the price):

Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
Hamhog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2023 at 8:19pm
I quit doing business with that guy. He ripped me off a couple times too many. The last time, I sent his parts back and he refused to refund my money and made it seem like it was my fault he sent me the wrong parts.
Dave
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2023 at 7:41am
Originally posted by Hamhog Hamhog wrote:

I quit doing business with that guy. He ripped me off a couple times too many.

I agree.
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2023 at 12:06pm
I've never done business with him.  This info is good to know.  

For those wanting the part, perhaps a call to Pioneer Garage (need to google them seems their website is gone) or give KW a call to see if Walck's has them still in inventory.
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2023 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Hamhog Hamhog wrote:

I quit doing business with that guy. He ripped me off a couple times too many. The last time, I sent his parts back and he refused to refund my money and made it seem like it was my fault he sent me the wrong parts.

I ordered L-134 connecting rods and he sent me 4 rusted up POS that in no way would cleanup. I called and he just said that it was the luck of the draw... no refund and don't send the parts back. I told him that he could draw something resembling my right middle finger. Haven't dealt with him since.

I got 4 very nice connecting rods from a certain member of this forum...he knows who he is...I owe him big time.
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

Post Reply Post Reply