Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Respect Versus Ridicule

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Respect Versus Ridicule
    Posted: 03 June 2023 at 1:24pm
Some people don't seem to understand that respect, and ridicule are both something earned. 

When someone with less experience comes onto the forum seeking help I am often the first to offer whatever help I can. 

Most people on this forum treat each other with respect, and most people here want to be able to help others, but lately I have learned that a willingness to share from experience is not always appreciated, and some folks have no idea what respect even is.

I will not tolerate dishonesty, and have very little tolerance for BS.  

If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
ajax25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajax25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2023 at 12:37pm
I know I appreciate all of the help and advice I have received from the knowledgeable people on this forum. I do agree that most are awesome but yes a few have been not so much as I have learned how to be more of a mechanic fixing up my jeep. Not all of us were taught about cars growing up so I appreciate the patience towards those of us learning. Heck this forum has my friends asking me how to fix what’s wrong with their vehicles now haha
cyates176FA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyates176FA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2023 at 11:56am
This forum is a huge wealth of knowledge. I've always felt that I've been treated fairly - even from some of the more gruff members. I enjoy learning from the folks on here - and I try to be open to the responses I receive. I've even had a couple opportunities to share what I've learned here with others, either on this forum or elsewhere. 

Oldpappy even took the time to help me with my D18 shift rail seals in person. 
windyhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windyhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2023 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Oldpappy Oldpappy wrote:

Some people don't seem to understand that respect, and ridicule are both something earned. 

When someone with less experience comes onto the forum seeking help I am often the first to offer whatever help I can. 

Most people on this forum treat each other with respect, and most people here want to be able to help others, but lately I have learned that a willingness to share from experience is not always appreciated, and some folks have no idea what respect even is.

I will not tolerate dishonesty, and have very little tolerance for BS.  

Man is this ever true.  Lots of entitled people out there who have never learned respect, let alone common curtesy. 
'48 CJ2A
'53 CJ3B
'59 CJ6
'65 CJ5
'67 CJ5
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2023 at 9:45pm
Appreciate the comments. 

This was prompted by a thread that just didn't go well, and it made me re-evaluate what I am willing to deal with. 

I still want to help others when I can, but I have no interest in arguments. 
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2023 at 9:20am
In my experiences, this forum is the best place for helpful discussions. Although I don't post frequently, I always enjoy reading through everyone's build threads daily. If you'd like to step into the fighting ring with self-proclaimed experts on every topic known to man, throw on the boxing gloves and post something for sale on a Willys Facebook group.
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2023 at 10:34am
There is definitely something special about this site. Not sure how it happened, but this is a great group of very helpful people. I often wonder how that happens and if it's related to the CJ2A, or just coincidence. I have learned a ton from folks here and very much appreciate everyone's help. I also love going to the events when I can. Good people seem to gravitate around old civilian Jeeps. Maybe old Jeeps just make people generally happier?  
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
The less the Power the More the Force
muley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2023 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Nick_ Nick_ wrote:

self-proclaimed experts on every topic known to man, throw on the boxing gloves .

gloves? more like knives and brass knucks.. 
Joined Jan-8 2015
I never met a mule I didn't like!
OD Mule 01-52 M38
Big Red 19fiddy CJ3A salad
 Post Reply Post Reply