Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Restoration off my 1946 Willys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOKBEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Restoration off my 1946 Willys
    Posted: 29 Sep. 2017 at 6:25pm
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2017 at 6:44pm
BOKBEK,

Awesome Project!! Looks Great!

Something strange is happening when you post.... It keeps making a new topic? I'm not sure whats happening but I see half a dozen 'Restoration off my 1946 Willys' topics? Maybe someone more experienced can help get all your photos in one topic.

Again, looks great.
BOKBEK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOKBEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2017 at 7:17pm
Yep i realy struggle to get it in one .Hope some one can compile the for me together.
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2017 at 8:34pm
Bobek,

To add additional photos or information to the same thread, just scrowl down to the bottom of your screen.

You can  push the "Post Reply" button or you can just start typing in the "Message" box.  Once done, just push the "Post Reply" button.  Again, all of this is down at the bottom of your screen.
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
BOKBEK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOKBEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2017 at 4:14pm

Edited by BOKBEK - 30 Sep. 2017 at 4:16pm
BOKBEK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOKBEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2017 at 4:18pm
BOKBEK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOKBEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2017 at 4:23pm
BOKBEK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOKBEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2017 at 4:33pm
The Willys on his way home for a good restoration!!

Nearly completed.
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2017 at 8:59pm
I liked your method to fix the frame. We need to do this on my brothers M38. Yes, bottle jacks do work fine if you put the pump side down when they are horizontal. I used a large cottonwood tree to straighten out the tweaked frame on my MB. I only had to run into the tree a few times to get things right again.
Anyway it looks like you are on your way to a nice restoration.
uncamonkey
BOKBEK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOKBEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2017 at 3:39pm
Willy M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2017 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Unkamonkey Unkamonkey wrote:

I liked your method to fix the frame. We need to do this on my brothers M38. Yes, bottle jacks do work fine if you put the pump side down when they are horizontal. I used a large cottonwood tree to straighten out the tweaked frame on my MB. I only had to run into the tree a few times to get things right again.
Anyway it looks like you are on your way to a nice restoration.

I "straightened" out a utility trailer frame once by putting it on it's side and using a 3 ton floor jack and some 4x4s.    And an oak as an anchor point to keep tension with a come along on a pickup bumper while I beat on the crease with a shop hammer to get it straightened enough to replace the front fender.  When you don't have the "proper" equipment, you do what you can with what you've got.  

Post Reply Post Reply