Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Restoring cj2a 59108 into mb tribute WWII

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 4:49am
Looks like a really nice place to relax!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 1:20am
Gil, I still refer to your thread quite often. With the 1000 mi. mark, make any progress on a name? Thanks Joe Wadoyado
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 2:43am
[QUOTE=wadoyado]Gil, I still refer to your thread quite often. With the 1000 mi. mark, make any progress on a name? Thanks Joe Wadoyado. 

Joe,I'm always coming back to the same name.When I was young I would go with my Grandfather for a drive with his old VW Bug and he would always forget the blinker on.Now when I'm driving my jeep I'm the one forgetting my blinker.People that knew my Grandfather remember about the blinker so they call me Willie since it was my Grampy's name.Because of this I think I should call my jeep Willie.

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 4:44am
And thus, the Jeep's name presents itself!  Thumbs Up
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 10:45am
Willie the Willys got a ring to it . Joe
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
Rons2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rons2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 5:52pm
What an inspiring thread! It's like a white belt watching a black belt in action and dreaming of what could be accomplished with enough hard work. And then praying to God to grant the artistic talent. I'd love to see what else you have brought back from the grave. And of course how you did it.
Thanks for the lessons and the entertainment. 😉
CJ2a 14159
Jeeperagain
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2017 at 4:34am
Thanks Ronald for the comments.
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2017 at 4:44am
I got caught in the rain again today,I will be looking for a canvas top in the near future.I'm driving my jeep almost everyday,still enjoying every thing about it.
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2017 at 1:50am
I don't know who's enjoying the drive more me or the dog.
My dog Abby loves it with the windshield down.I'm up to 2400 miles this summer and I still enjoy driving it.
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2017 at 3:11am
Good to see the dog has eye protection... and that you still enjoy driving it.  How horrible it would be if you didn't enjoy it!
Paraex79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Paraex79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct. 2017 at 9:32pm
Hi Gil, and exceptional build, well done
Allan Montile
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct. 2017 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Paraex79 Paraex79 wrote:

Hi Gil, and exceptional build, well done

I agree!  I followed your build thread and now it is great to see you out enjoying it!!!
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2017 at 12:55am
Thanks Allan and Brian for your comments I really enjoyed building the jeep and it's a lot of fun to drive.
1946 cj2a 59108
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct. 2017 at 10:27pm
It was a special day today,I got a visit from a WWII vet Clorice E Landry,92 yrs young.He was excited to see and sit in the old jeep.It made him reminisce and I had the pleasure of hearing all kinds of fantastic stories about those old jeep during war times. I made a new friend and look foreword to another encounter soon.Making all the effort I put into this jeep worthwhile.Notice the rear tire in the old picture.

Edited by Gil - 26 Oct. 2017 at 10:29pm
1946 cj2a 59108
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct. 2017 at 3:13am
what a great way to be out enjoying the country side and even better when you can share the experience with someone that appreciates what you have done, a friend of mine has a 42 mb and when the vets ride with him they all have big smiles
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2017 at 3:10am
I’m putting my jeep in storage today for the winter in the back section of my garage, I was supposed to rebuild a 1943 TC-3 Bantam trailer this winter but I need a right hip replacement real bad,so the project is on hold for now.

Edited by Gil - 19 May 2018 at 3:47pm
1946 cj2a 59108
timcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2017 at 3:22am
Gil,

Your jeep is a real beauty and I’m sure your trailer will be of the same workmanship. Good luck with your hip surgery. I’m a year post-op with my right one and will be in line for the left hip in a few months. It’s a real life changer. I wish you the best.

Tim
1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

a4cj2a77 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote a4cj2a77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2017 at 10:19pm
So i'm looking at your members photo of your jeep that shows it half buried in dirt and the photo of your jeep backed up against the garage door side by side. I'm still amazed at the transformation your jeep went through.
Phil
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>