Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers > Tech - FAQ
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reverse lock up clutch dis-engaged

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooMany2As Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reverse lock up clutch dis-engaged
    Posted: 05 July 2017 at 7:38pm
I have been really scratching my head on this one. T90 in a 46 2A has been driven for years, now when I put it in reverse it moves OK but when I push in the clutch the Jeep stops suddenly and is locked up (won't move forward or backward). This is independent of the distance driven in reverse. If I then let the clutch out again it will move in reverse but if I again press the clutch pedal it will again lock up. Putting the transmission in neutral (or any other gear) alleviates the issue. Forward gears all behave fine. 

I have checked and even swapped out the shift tower, no change. Drained the gear oil,ran a magnet in the case and found nothing (in the case or the oil). Looked at the synchros, all present and in correct position.

There was a post here in 2008 (BoBCJ2A) with these exact symptoms but there was no resolution on that thread. 

I sure appreciate any help or suggestions.

Steve

Waterglyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterglyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 10:24pm
Did you resolve this? I have the same issue now.
 Post Reply Post Reply