Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roaming around Bryce Canyon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roaming around Bryce Canyon
    Posted: 07 July 2020 at 11:36pm
This just barely qualifies as “Jeep related photos and stories” but thought you would maybe enjoy these pics anyway.

Spent last week riding around Bryce Canyon National Park in Grampa’s Jeep. Everyone there wanted to be me cuz I had the coolest car and the cutest passenger.

My wife hardly ever rides with me in the Jeep. It’s ‘too bumpy” for her. This time she said “that was fun tiding in the Jeep this time. I really enjoyed it.”   ...we never left the pavement.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2020 at 11:42pm
Thanks for posting Stan and glad your bride liked it. Bryce Canyon is such a beautiful place. Always mesmerizes me when I visit!!
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Michaeltru View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michaeltru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 12:40am
Beautiful country. Thanks for sharing
Mike in AZ
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 1:24am
That's cool Stan 25 years ago Annie and I took a daylong mule trip in Bryce. My mule's name was "No Woah" Annie's was "13". 13? she says to the wrangler, "must be bad luck".. No he says, "that's how many dudes that old mule has left at the bottom of the canyon this summer-don't make us go and have to change her name again"..
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 2:52am
Originally posted by RICKG RICKG wrote:

That's cool Stan 25 years ago Annie and I took a daylong mule trip in Bryce. My mule's name was "No Woah" Annie's was "13". 13? she says to the wrangler, "must be bad luck".. No he says, "that's how many dudes that old mule has left at the bottom of the canyon this summer-don't make us go and have to change her name again"..

Hah! 
We took a half day mule ride there a few years ago. The cowboy then said “once you ride a mule, you’ll never go back.” 
Fun outing for me. My daughter was close to tears the whole way. I told her that mule has four feet. It’s not going to get more than one or two of them out into thin air at any given time so stop worrying.  She didn’t stop. 
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 11:55am
Thanks for the photos Stan.  My Nancy wants to go see Bryce Canyon and we've been debating about whether we'd bring the Jeep or just use the truck to tour around in.  I'm gonna show her this thread and I'll bet she says "bring the Jeep!"  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
uncamoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncamoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 12:07pm
My parents were there for the honeymoon. Dad took lots of slides that I have gone through many times.
My mother did the mule the mule trip to the bottom of GC with her best friend. Yes, the mules stopping in corners with their front hooves inches from the edge scared them to death.
john
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

Thanks for the photos Stan.  My Nancy wants to go see Bryce Canyon and we've been debating about whether we'd bring the Jeep or just use the truck to tour around in.  I'm gonna show her this thread and I'll bet she says "bring the Jeep!"  

Hey Mike,
Bryce is a place that you don’t really need a Jeep but it is fun to have one there. If you are not going to do any hiking you can see all the viewpoints in a day. The Jeep was a lot nicer to park than my truck. 
There aren’t really any dirt trails in the park for off roading but west of the park around Tropic Reservoir there are many trails.
Cedar Breaks National Monument is only abou 70 minutes from Bryce and well worth the drive if you have extra time. Cedar Breaks is spectacular and you can get up there and back in half a day. We stopped on the way back at Panguitch lake and rented a pontoon boat for the afternoon and putted around the lake a couple if times.

Here’s Cedar Breaks

Pontoon on Panguitch Lake.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
jeepsterjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 7:25pm
WOW

Great pictures!

Our family had a summer cabin at Panguitch lake fro '58-'95.  Used to be very good fishing and not crowded.   Do miss the area for fishing, hunting, and great Jeeping.   
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
 Post Reply Post Reply