Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roy Rogers Ride "Nellebelle"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19Cargo42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roy Rogers Ride "Nellebelle"
    Posted: 19 Feb. 2020 at 11:18pm
Not my auction, just sharing an interesting curiosity: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1946-Jeep-CJ-CJ2A/264639570113?hash=item3d9dbf60c1%3Ag%3Axw4AAOSwjyZeTEho&LH_ItemCondition=4

Interesting how the lower part of the windshield is doubled.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2020 at 2:27am
Didn't that sell just a couple years ago?  I would have expected a higher price than $29,500.  I suppose the sign in back goes with the Jeep?
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb. 2020 at 3:00am
The certificate of authenticity says it’s a replica made to go in the museum. I read that as not being the true nelle belle. 

Bill
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb. 2020 at 4:01am
  Note: “Nellybelle II”. “II”. Not the original. I see several details that are not correct. Not the original Nellybelle. BW 

Edited by Bruce W - 21 Feb. 2020 at 4:03am
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2020 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Bill Norris Bill Norris wrote:

The certificate of authenticity says it’s a replica made to go in the museum. I read that as not being the true nelle belle

I missed the part about the certificate.  No wonder the price is not higher.  Since it's not Nellybelle, I think $29500 is overpriced.  Of course, I'm a cheap-a$$ tightwad.  Or a tight-a$$ cheapwad, whichever.  Smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Bufordjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bufordjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2020 at 10:12am
https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/11/08/roy-rogers-iconic-jeep-has-cowboy-street-cred

$116k in 2010 down to $38k in 2018 - ouch...
Now the Roy Rogers museum Jeep for $29k.  
Both for ~ half the selling price back in 2010. 
Bufordjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bufordjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2020 at 10:42am
https://onlinebicyclemuseum.co.uk/1954-hamilton-roy-rogers-nellybelle-jeep/

Scroll down & there's a picture of Roy and Dale driving through the gate of the Double R ranch in a dual wheeled Willys Jeep back in the day.  Wonder if that one still exists?  If so, does the current owner know what it is?

What are the odds of a 'Nelly Bell' (misspelling on purpose) $50k+ Wrangler?  Crud, shouldn't have asked - it might happen.  Would be fun to do for a parking lot spoof.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2020 at 3:15pm
Definately not the one I saw in Branson....compare this interior shot. Dash switch, key location...shifters, starter switch, etc.

Also, II was not painted on the door.

My belief is this is one of many clones....same as General Lee, Bonnie & Clyde's death car, Smokys Bandit, etc,etc and that is the reason for the price descrepency.

Interior shot....

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2020 at 3:27pm

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
 Post Reply Post Reply