Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RT 66 VINTAGE WILLYS JEEP RIDE - SOCAL 2021 - Event Date: 24 Apr. 2021 - 25 Apr. 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RECON-WILLYS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: RT 66 VINTAGE WILLYS JEEP RIDE - SOCAL 2021
    Posted: 29 Jan. 2021 at 3:28am
ROUTE 66 VINTAGE WILLYS JEEP RIDE - so cal (inland empire). 

APRIL 24 & 25 

ROUTE 66 - APRIL 24, 25 2021 

START IN GLEN HELEN, CA DRIVE TO AMBOY CA. CAMP OUT FOR THE NIGHT (FREE). DRIVE BACK THE NEXT DAY. ALL ON ROUTE 66... EASY FUN RIDE. 

My name is Ernie; I have been doing this ride since 2009; Been going with my local Military Vehicle Club in the Inland Empire and Los Angeles Club. The Owner of Amboy invites us up twice a year, once in April and another in November for functions. Come out with us. Come have some fun with your jeep. it's a nice easy ride. Gas stations every 10 miles; Auto parts stores all along the way; Stores along the whole way. cell site the whole way. pleasant weather (ave 70 degrees). and good fun. 

My son will be driving a modern jeep behind the group - chase vehicle/ recovery vehicle. in case of a break down. we'll tow you to nearest auto parts store. get you fixed up and rolling again. :) 

make sure we practice our social distancing and masks when needed if USA not open by then... this is a total outdoor event, but soc distance/ masks if need :)  

We go up Cajon Pass using Cleghorn 4x4 trail (easy & fun). It's a fire road/ dirt road. Some of the parade vehicles don't want to get dirty and they will go up using the 15 fwy and meet us at the Summit Inn gas station at the first exit - OAK HILLS EXIT. we will then proceed on old Route 66 hardball road all the way to Amboy, Ca.  

AMBOY, CA. - Camping is free - we will camp right next to the famous ROY'S sign in Amboy. The owner of Amboy has given me permission; there are restrooms with flushing toilets; please see videos. 

COME JOIN US - open to all vintage 4x4's. let me know if you want to go. I will put you on the list. it's free. trying to get some free shirts.   

CAMP SITES NEAR START POINT--> Bonita Camp Ground 900 s. fork rd. Lytle creek, ca.92358 909-887-3643 bonitaranchcampground.com OR
-->Glen Helen regional Park Campground 17800 Glen Helen rd, San Bernardino, Ca. 92407 909-887-7540 (and many more on google). 

When: April 24 & 25. we will sign a waiver form when you show up at Papa Tony's diner. and we will leave at approx 0730 AM on April 24th- after the drivers meeting. 

where: START POINT - Papa Tony's Diner 18291 Cajon Blvd. San Bernardino, CA 92407 (across the street from Glen Helen Park).  

Time: 0700

heres the jpeg flyer

Edited by RECON-WILLYS - 03 Mar. 2021 at 4:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply