Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rubber necking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2005 at 8:31pm
gary, I love to hunt to, and you hit that one perfect !
Too many jeeps.....GOT JEEP ?
47 Willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47 Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2005 at 9:24pm

Trader Reed.............There is another pic in Clubs & Shows under the Clubs for jeeps thread and under my name. 

1947 CJ-2A #87541
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2005 at 9:35pm
well today i had a light load at work. after my projects were complete and caught up i made a quick trip to the shop where the m38 is kept. i got the complete story. the jeep belongs to the owners cousin. he droped it off there 2 years ago. the body shop wants it gone. they do most of their body work on tractor-trailers. they don't have the time energy or the drive to even look like they are going to start any work. my tail gate was there for 6 months and nota was ever done to it. any way, my partner from time to time welds and turns wrenches for the m38's owner. services are done on a trading type pay."i'll fix your truck if you,- give me beer, car parts, your jacket, daughter, or that old rusty peice of s!*t jeep(m38)." so there is a chance in hell that i may end up w/ this old fella. cool huh! a few busted knuckles and some greasey hands maybe even a little welding and *wa-la* thanks for the work guys here is a rusty p.o.s.. ha, ha, ha
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
GaryArf View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2005 at 10:56pm

Mike, if you end up with this m38, you will be spread thin. That is not a bad thing, just a fact of the life. If I had that chance, I would move on the deal. My wife would drownd me in the tub, but a good deal is a good deal. The second best part of the hunt is the "deal" and the negotiation. All fun. Just don't lose site of your 2a.(unless this is better) Offer them some top rated sitting at some sporting event, or a spot in your time share. You get my drift here. You have the ultimate part of the hunt with the broad side shot. I wait here holding my breath.

47, That is what we all wish for, a  GREAT LOOKING JEEP

Edited by GaryArf - 08 Dec. 2005 at 11:07pm
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2005 at 7:22pm
i'll sell it for cash for the 2a. it will go to a good home and i'm not going to let it go cheap or to someone whos going to trash it. its a nice rig, but it's not a 2a.
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
47 Willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47 Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2005 at 9:26pm
Gary, thanks and cool avatar.
1947 CJ-2A #87541
GaryArf View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2005 at 9:31pm
I finally must have accumulated enough "Willys Points" For my redemtion. I'll still probably have to paint that one pink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12