Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rubicon 2021 - July 25 - 27 - Event Date: 25 July 2021 - 31 July 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 17>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madbrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2021 at 2:31pm
Thanks Rick, good information.  Now to find a way to make it all fit for two people.

Edited by madbrit - 26 Mar. 2021 at 2:32pm
45 MB
56 Willys Fruit Salad
64 Kaiser CJ3B

My Videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/madbritwillys56/videos
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2021 at 11:43pm
One thing I would recommend bringing is a pair of old gym shoes or those shoes you wear in the water that you can walk on rocks with (someone here knows the name of them)

Also... I would order any spare parts you need early. As hard as it is to get parts lately, if you wait till the last minute, they may be on back order.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 7:10pm
Just a friendly reminder to order any last minute parts you need, even if they're common. I've been waiting 2-3 months for certain items to get here from various manufacturers.
chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Nick_ Nick_ wrote:

Just a friendly reminder to order any last minute parts you need, even if they're common. I've been waiting 2-3 months for certain items to get here from various manufacturers.

Yes I have been trying to find a set of M38a1 spring shackles with out much luck!!
Jay
wilgpr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilgpr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2021 at 2:08am
Jeeple, I called and talked with Lacey at Jeep Jamboree USA (530-333-4771) and asking about the Rubicon trails closed dates of July 22-25 for the Jeepers trail Jamboree. 
About 2 months ago I called them and asked if we could get on the trail on our planned start date of July 25 in the afternoon or evening to help with finalizing my travel plans.
 I thought it would be a simple question and I kept checking back. 
She called me today and said they where meeting and wanted to coordinate all the groups in-between the Jamborees. She was asking questions I’m not sure of. She asked if we were planning on starting from the Loon Lake trail head, how many days we planned on the trail and the size of our group. I said we were planning from Loon Lake and just had an estimate on size. I said some wanted to run the trail one way and some wanted to return on the trail. She wanted to to know what we are planning and or size by Tuesday the 15th.

I appreciate be accepted into joining the Rubicon trail run with you all and am excited to join in. 
Im trying to figure out how this blog thing works and who is who. 

Help, Who can I hand these questions of to, and can answer their questions? 

I’m planning on joining on whatever our start date is and running the trail and I don’t know yet if I will return by the trail or the road. 
Thanks much, David 

TJ
53CJ3-B,4.3AT
53CJ3-A barn find
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2021 at 6:19pm
Pm sent
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2021 at 9:21pm
Wade and I are going to be there Sunday 3pm. The goal is to head just a little ways into the trail and camp at Ellis Creek. This is the way we have done it the last two times during the jamborees. We basically had the trail to ourselves because the Jamboree guys are all at the other end. If for some reason, we are not allowed access on Sunday, we will camp ar Loon Lake and start Monday morning when the Jeep Jamboree is officially over. So, the plan is,

Meet at Loon Lake Sunday 3:00
Cross the granite and camp at Ellis Creek Sunday Night
Monday: Make it to Buck Island for lunch
Camp at Rubicon Springs Monday Night
Have lunch at Lake Tahoe Tuesday
Drive the pavement back to Loon Lake Tuesday after lunch

That would be if everything goes smoothly. The first year we only made it to Buck Island Monday night, and Lake Tahoe late Tuesday night. The second year we did it, we made it to Rubicon Springs Monday but it was later in the evening.

I’m not going to drive the trail backwards but if some of you want to, a good place to turn around would be the Observation Deck, last time we did the trail, we made it to the observation deck maybe 9ish on Tuesday morning.

We are close enough now that we might want to tag in again with an updated list. Maybe specific if you are a lock, 75%, 50%, or whatever. There are several on the latest list that are not coming.

sonoblast77 and jpet are locked in

Edited by jpet - 11 June 2021 at 9:45pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Nothing Special View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Special Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2021 at 9:37pm
Unfortunately Nothing Special is at 0%.  A family vacation is in the way so I won't be able to make the Rubicon trip.

Hope everyone has a great time!
Bob

Flatfender wannabe
'71 Ford Bronco
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2021 at 10:34pm
If anyone has an empty seat, please let me know.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

wilgpr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilgpr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2021 at 2:08am
Thanks, sounds good
TJ
53CJ3-B,4.3AT
53CJ3-A barn find
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2021 at 11:20am
Vehicles (committed)
1. Nick_
2. jpet
3. chansendeer
4. sonoblast77
5. Rick G
6. 3A Steve
7. madbrit
8. wilgpr

Still on the fence
littlesteve
hotrod59
unclemoak
RECON-WILLYS

Passengers
1. tamnalan

Currently 8 Jeeps locked in for the trip. I do have a spare seat. It might not be the most roomy with the roll cage, but it's there.

(Updated 06-21-21 Nick)

Edited by Nick_ - 21 June 2021 at 12:14pm
chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2021 at 2:23am
An update on guys that I have spoken to. Number 4,14 and 15 are out. 
Jay
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2021 at 7:18am
I'm in (#11) with "passenger #1".
VermontOverland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VermontOverland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2021 at 11:41am
VermontOverland is out, thx. 
Peter Vollers
dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2021 at 2:05pm
Please post photos from this run!
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
Nothing Special View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Special Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2021 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by dasvis dasvis wrote:

Please post photos from this run!

Yeah!  I'm bummed I can't make it.  At least let me go along virtually!
Bob

Flatfender wannabe
'71 Ford Bronco
madbrit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madbrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2021 at 8:06pm
Any updates from Jeep Jamboree USA as to when we might start the run?

Also as a newbe on the Rubicon I would appreciated some ideas and dos and don'ts as what to bring and what we can expect. The last thing I want to do is bring way too much stuff like I did on my trip to the Arctic Ocean. I will have a passenger so as you all know that doesn't leave a lot of room for "stuff" for the trip.
45 MB
56 Willys Fruit Salad
64 Kaiser CJ3B

My Videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/madbritwillys56/videos
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2021 at 7:35am
This weekend, I’ll try to post some information on what I am bringing. Here is a link to the old thread where some of the prep is discussed:

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/vintage-willys-the-rubicon-trail-2018_topic40830_post424016.html#424016

There is some information on fire restrictions and the county IS under fire restrictions right now. Gas fire pits were a gray area a few years ago. I’m not sure if there is clarification or not on that now. We did see some out there when we were on the trail even though there were fire restrictions.

Regardless you MUST have a campfire permit even to use a cook stove. Somewhere in the old thread there is a link to getting one online. I’m not at a place to easily search for it. Maybe someone can find it and post it.

I will be loaded heavy with power tools, welder, and first aid kit and such. I’ll post some detailed info this weekend. We don’t all have to bring the same stuff.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 17>