Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rubicon 2021 - July 25 - 27 - Event Date: 25 July 2021 - 31 July 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2020 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by littlesteve littlesteve wrote:

I already have a friend looking for a Jeep of some description for me.

Found one that's ideal

So you buy one to run the trail and then sell it?  Or just ship it back over the pond?
littlesteve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlesteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2020 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Joe Friday Joe Friday wrote:

Found one that's ideal

So you buy one to run the trail and then sell it?  Or just ship it back over the pond?

Leave it at my buddies place....whether he likes it or not.
They got bored of the old pickup after they had used it to move house, towed a truck back from Oregon, blown it up and fixed it, took I dont know how many loads to the dump with it etc so I had to sell it.

A Jeep (insert letters here) will probably take up less space than a Toyota and will probably be able to be hidden behind a bush.
jpet brought me here.

XJ
KJ CRD x5 (+1 on the way,probably)
YJ about to be butchered & hit with the restoring stick.
TJ
One day I'll have a Willys, be cool like everybody else.
chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2020 at 8:53pm

Found one that's ideal

You have found one with lower than stock gears already. Man that was quick!!!
Lets hear the details.
Jay

littlesteve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlesteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2020 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by chasendeer chasendeer wrote:

Found one that's ideal

You have found one with lower than stock gears already. Man that was quick!!!
Lets hear the details.
Jay

Now steady on.....
Just cause I have found what I want does not mean I can afford it....
It was a grey TJ 4.0, 5spd, rear d44, with bumpers, winch, hi lift, soft top, 35's all ready to go.
Id stuff a 241OR in on buddies driveway and some lunchbox lockers.

I know, you're aghast that its not a CJ but bear with me... Buddy lives in Seattle so thats a 1000miles before I get to Loon lake... I need to arrive fresh and excited not drained and pissed off like last time.

jpet brought me here.

XJ
KJ CRD x5 (+1 on the way,probably)
YJ about to be butchered & hit with the restoring stick.
TJ
One day I'll have a Willys, be cool like everybody else.
EJOWest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJOWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 8:20am
I'd be interested in joining in on the 2021 trip! 
unclemoak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unclemoak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug. 2020 at 2:56am
I’m interested in doing this. 

Worth a bump to build interest. 
unclemoak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unclemoak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov. 2020 at 4:57pm
Hopefully the interest in this trip hasn't waned. 

I'm down for making the trek from Colorado pending how the virus pans out in the next 6-9 months. 
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov. 2020 at 2:31am
Originally posted by unclemoak unclemoak wrote:

Hopefully the interest in this trip hasn't waned.
I'm down for making the trek from Colorado pending how the virus pans out in the next 6-9 months.
I’m going to do it so long as the virus allows it. Look forward to wheeling with you again!!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov. 2020 at 4:37am
I will be there, either with or with out my new jeep!!
Jay
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov. 2020 at 5:27am
I'm going rain or shine! We'll see how the virus goes, but I'm hopeful.

Absolutely looking forward to it and seeing everyone there. I've been spending the last couple months planning my build, and turning my Wrangler into a temporary camper.
Nothing Special View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Special Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov. 2020 at 8:14pm
I'm planning on going.  But at this point my wife is not planning on me going.  So I'd say I'm tentative at this point.  I'll get a more definite answer before it's too close.
Bob

Flatfender wannabe
'71 Ford Bronco
hotrod59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotrod59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov. 2020 at 9:38pm
I am still planning on going. Also dependent on what what happens in the coming months.
1948 Luzon red CJ2A No name yet
1952 CJ3A "SPUDZ"
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2020 at 2:38am
We're almost 8 months to the day away from the 'con trip. Although we don't know what the future holds, I say we nail down a tentative plan for those who need to request time off work, plan their trip etc. By no means do I intend to be a planner of the event, in fact I think Jeff and those who've made the trek before are far more suited. At the moment we're all in agreement July 25-27th is the Rubicon forwards. 

Jeff mentioned wanting to wheel the entire week (as do I) and specifically mentioned Fordyce Creek, presumably after we get out of the Rubicon. It's 10 miles of even more difficult terrain and has *deep* water crossings. Assuming this will take until the 28th to finish. I'm coming from Indiana so both Moab and Colorado are on my route. I'm interested in stopping at either of these places either prior to Rubicon or after Fordyce Creek.

Below is a list of everyone who's replied to this thread so far. Feel free to add/remove your name as necessary.

Possible Attendees
Nick_
jpet
chansendeer
JT707
sonoblast77
Rick G
littlesteve
hotrod59
Nothing Special
bobevans
EJOWest
unclemoak

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2020 at 3:37am
We all meet at Loon Lake Sunday afternoon July 25th. I’m going to be out west all week but I’m not ready to make any other plans.   If there is something someone wants to do we can discuss it. The more I think about it, I’m not so sure Fordyce Creek is such a good idea trying to winch a bunch of 31” tire vehicles across the creek. I almost think I’d rather go to Moab, and or Colorado. I just need to be home Sunday evening.

Anyone coming from the east or Midwest, I am leaving Illinois Friday, noonish, pick up Wade, and drive to Kearney, NE to spend the night. Travel all day Saturday and make it to Elko, NV. Finish the trek Sunday and be at the Loon Lake trailhead early Sunday afternoon.

It’s important to make sure your Jeep is in very good running condition and bring parts along, especially if you have a special component that nobody else will have such as electronic ignition, ECM, or something. I’ll be bringing my welding kit, plenty of tools and power tools.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2020 at 3:57am
I’m two hours from the trail head, if anyone needs to ship anything out including there jeep, I can help out. 
Looking forward to it!!
Jay
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2020 at 3:59pm
Ron Dennis is coming too. “Willytj”
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Nothing Special View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Special Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2020 at 5:19pm
One question, if it's not too indelicate.  What are the toilets like on the trail?  I see on a "Friends of the Rubicon" map I downloaded that there are quite a few toilets along the trail, including at Ellis Creek.  Are those dark smelly pit toilets or decent backcountry vault toilets?  I don't need to much detail (please not too much detail!!!), but knowing a little will significantly affect the conversation I have with my wife!

And the Friends of the Rubicon map doesn't show toilets at Rubicon Springs.  I'm thinking there must be toilets there since that seems like the main gathering place on the trail.  Is that the case?
Bob

Flatfender wannabe
'71 Ford Bronco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2020 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Nothing Special Nothing Special wrote:

One question, if it's not too indelicate.  What are the toilets like on the trail?  I see on a "Friends of the Rubicon" map I downloaded that there are quite a few toilets along the trail, including at Ellis Creek.  Are those dark smelly pit toilets or decent backcountry vault toilets?  I don't need to much detail (please not too much detail!!!), but knowing a little will significantly affect the conversation I have with my wife!

And the Friends of the Rubicon map doesn't show toilets at Rubicon Springs.  I'm thinking there must be toilets there since that seems like the main gathering place on the trail.  Is that the case?

Will there be smell-a-vision on the videos??? There are plenty of pine trees to hide behind all along the trail.

Jay
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>