Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

#'s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chitwnvols Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #'s
    Posted: 04 Nov. 2009 at 3:45pm
Gentlemen, I'm trying to get an engine running for a buddy who needs some help. He has been out of work over a year and needs this welder to function so that he can pick up some temp welding work.
Have searched the forum and links for days but CAN NOT find #'s that seem to match the ones on his unit.
The engine has 3 valves stuck open and I would like to buy replacement parts to at least get some compression in this thing so that I might be able to advise him as to the cost and/or neccesity of any repair.
I have tried cleaning, soaking with MMO etc.
The #'s I have ( from tag) are  - Model CJ2A Eng. Assy. No. 914361 and Serial No. RJ-307280.
I also have a family to feed, so because I am fortunate enough to still be working I can only put an hour or two a day into this project.
ANY help you could give me that would allow me to run to NAPA would be great.
I don't want this window of opportunity to close for him. Fellas we've all had tough times, but this may be his opportunity to climb out of the hole.
BTW - Really have enjoyed your passion for your Jeeps on here, as well as your vast knowledge, makes me want to buy one.
Thanks for any help you can send my way.
Thom 
thom
Willys Motors View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willys Motors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2009 at 4:07pm
I think I deleted my first post.

Look it up as a 1952 Willys Overland CJ3A just to get the website to give the L-134 as an engine option.

Intake valves V341, Exhaust Valves V340, Head gasket set HS7285B.

If the Napa parts seem pricey, got www.northstarwillys.com

I had 2 of those Hobart welders till a few months ago.
chitwnvols View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chitwnvols Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2009 at 10:08pm
Thanks so much for the help, it is greatly appreciated.
Hopefully I won't have to ask anymore questions, but it sure is nice to know that there is so much knowledge on here.
The reason we are using NAPA is that my buddy gets parts at cost, and even if I could find them cheaper I don't think he would save much in the long run.
Time is also an issue as I do need to get this thing running asap, then hope that the generator works and it will weld, he really needs this little contract to help him stay afloat.

Thanks again.
thom
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2009 at 10:18pm
The sticky at the top of this forum has the napa parts list.

http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/napa-parts-list_topic2880_page1.html

Let us know if there are any number changes.

Russ

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
 Post Reply Post Reply