Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Research & History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

salesman brochure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: salesman brochure
    Posted: 16 Feb. 2008 at 3:32am
I found this awhile ago. I thought that maybe some here would enjoy seeing what all the Jeep did and how it was promoted. I have a special interest here that I hope to show you shortly. I can see that most of this is in later Willys vehicles, and alot of the stuff from the early 2A's aren't really promoted ie. welders, generators, post hole diggers, sickle cutters, agri equipment, ect. Still interesting.

CJ2A #10021 #34692 #58500

westforkboyd View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb. 2008 at 1:43pm
Gary

Pretty cool info. did you finally find one? I know you have been looking for quite some time now. Coincidentally I have an old Schram 60 gas compressor sitting in the weeds behind my shop. It is an odd configuation as it is a four cylinder with the two outside cylinders the drive and the two inside pistons are the compressor all on the same crank of course. Never had seen a setup like that before.

WFB
'48 CJ-2A #184135 Lefty
'49 CJ-2A #219719 Mule
'39 Ford 9N
'55 Oliver Super 55 Ollybelle
GaryArf View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb. 2008 at 4:12pm
WFB,
I think Jeep made a similar compressor to the Schramm you discribed out of the Jeep engine. There was a guy at the 06 fall reunion that had one he was selling. And YES after 3 years of looking, I finally found a "Jeep approved" compressor. Now that I have, I'll focus my attention to "Proving Ground Jeep Inc." contractor test Jeep. I will still get my '45 a rolling chassis first.

CJ2A #10021 #34692 #58500

Post Reply Post Reply