Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scary thing for some one with Willys Project.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scary thing for some one with Willys Project.
    Posted: 11 Jan. 2020 at 12:59am
A scary thing showed up in the mail today....... Especially for someone who seams to be spending money hand over fist on a Willys Jeep Project.

PRE APPROVED CREDIT CARDS!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't cut them things up fast enough LOL.

CHUG has been built with Cash I save up during Construction season and cashing out my Vacation and Paid Time off. And two small loans I gave myself from my 401K (both paid back)

Last thing I want to effect my enjoyment of CHUG is DEBT.

Its amazing the credit card and will would you like to sell your house offers I get since paying off the house a couple years ago. I worked 29 years to get out of debt and now they (who ever they is) Want me to step into it again. LOL

Edited by Mark W. - 13 Jan. 2020 at 5:48pm
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2020 at 1:40am
I can prolly help you out! Good news is the phone message yesterday said they have repeatedly tried to contact me on the delivery of a Maybach? and a box with $2.5M USD. Heck i'm already flush w/cash so i'll be happy to giv'em your number if you're lookin for some easy/peasy cash.. just tryin to help..
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2020 at 10:37pm
I'm only halfway through a 30-year loan on my house but I have been getting offers to buy or refinance it since about 6 months after I bought it.  I'm really getting tired of the "cash offers" with photos of the house, too.  I want my anonymity back!  Angry
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2020 at 5:20pm
CREDIT - the American way !

Doggonit, I worked more than 29-years, and am still in debt. I owe my soul to the Company Store. Another day older, and deeper-in-debt. hahaha
I Just owe on the home mortgage and the wife's Suburban payment balance. :)

We all need credit to make purchases when young. When older, we still need credit to purchase a home to live in, or maybe to pay for the re-roof job.
I was happily self-employed for 12 years, and then decided I had better go to work for a public agency at age 47 to end my work-days-for-pay with some sort of retirement pension plan to draw from.
To get the job, I had to move my family to the new job location, and that meant selling our home. In the 20-years with the public agency, I moved my family 6-times.   Ugh, and today, I still have a mortgage payment. big Ugh again.
For whatever luck dishes out, I have always been fortunate to buy-high and sell at the low. :(    _ _ if the tax collectors don't get us, the economy will.
   One nice thing about home ownership is that we get to pay Property Taxes each month. This is sort of an American-way of supporting the 'system.'
And, too, if we don't pay our property taxes, the king can repossess our home to pay the taxes due.   pay pay pay.   Pay-Day's are Great.

If we bought a drone, we could sit at home and do home value appraisals remotely for extra $$$$ to pay off the credit cards and the mortgage. :)
   And too, maybe with the drone we could multi-task, and fly-in spare parts when we break down on the jeep trail.   

Ha, Ol' Unreliable:   daily, I get local area code calls on my cell phone which I don't recognize as my buddies. If I answer I get the following message "hi, this is Mark, and I am your trip advisor _ _ _ ", at which point they hang up. If I phone the number back, it has been disconnected. The other calls I don't recognize tell me I've got excellent credit and can apply for a Lower Rate.
Oh, doggonit, I forgot the student loan for my son, which I co-signed for 5-years back. He makes the payments, but what a catch-22 for the kids.

the kick-starter - PRE APPROVED CREDIT CARDS!!!!!!!!! for 2020

at least the Willys is paid for with a non-op. hahahaha
 Post Reply Post Reply