Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SCORE just added to my spare parts stash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCORE just added to my spare parts stash
    Posted: 18 Dec. 2019 at 1:32am
So the other night I was trolling around ebay looking for stuff and I came across a Holley Red Electric Fuel pump NOS for like $54 and $14 in shipping. OK so same pump CHUG has and a Great price (new $120) I get a notice from ebay the pump has been reduced $17.00 so now with shipping $52.00 I hit the buy it now and have a spare fuel pump to pickle and stash in the Tool box. YEA.

With my fuel system set up the way it is with a manual shut off valve right past the pickup fitting on the Tank I can change the pump and not loose a cup of fuel (or get it all over myself) Biggest PITA will be digging the wires out from behind the fuel tank to swap them over to the new pump.

I like saving money.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec. 2019 at 5:18am
Nice score - plan ahead now and put in a weather pak connector or one of your choice and add the connector the the spare - then its a quick plug and play (or because you took the time now it will never fail)LOL
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec. 2019 at 5:28am
Oh ya I'll have it all plug and play.

Since I plan on some very long and remote adventures in Chug I'm going to have the tool box stuffed to the gills with anything I can image breaking on a trip. I have also been thinking on how to carry my service manual and the other material i have collected in a digital form. I have a couple of old cell phones which still work and have excellent cameras in them. I can photo each page and store it on a removable Micro SD card.  Can't get much smaller then that! As I have built or assembled every piece on Chug myself I already know every tool I will need so that too will be along for the ride.

And your correct about if I have it I will never need it. My son bought a Harbor Freight 1000lb trailer to haul his Honda CBR-600rr and stuff around on when he was in the Navy. I told him to not walk out of the store when he bought it without two sets of Wheel Bearings and Seals and the Spare tire and mount. He balked. I explained that if he did not he was guaranteed to have a bearing go out on him no earlier then 9pm and no closer to anywhere then 50 miles but if he had the repair parts and tools with him the thing would die of old age before it ever got used. 3 trips across the USA east coast to West coast and 3 trips from San Diego to Salem Oregon. Each time he showed up at home I had him service the bearings. The little trailer has almost 22,000 miles on it virtually every mile with a couple hundred pounds more then it should carry without a single problem. And for the last almost 8 years his brother in law has been using it to haul wood and trash still with no problems.

Edited by Mark W. - 18 Dec. 2019 at 5:56am
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec. 2019 at 7:29pm
Ha !! _ _ spare parts = traction

Mark,
   Good score buddy. All the extra plunder and parts and tools we carry gives us good added traction on terra-firma especially if aired-down.

I always carried spare gasoline on the Rubicon, and that old-school jerry can was a dribbling mess.   
   I never did think of weighing all the spare parts I drug with me. But always carried a new set of Warn hubs just-in-case, but never thought of a fuel pump. omg.
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec. 2019 at 8:42pm
well I plan some very long trips. the longest on my list currently will end up about 5000 miles by the time I am home 90% in a part of Canada Willys jeep parts will be a challenge so LOL fuel pump etc.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
 Post Reply Post Reply