Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

seeking a restorer near Nashville

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBroz2A_RIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: seeking a restorer near Nashville
    Posted: 08 Jan. 2022 at 9:03am
UPDATE I have contacted Metalshapers in Ct. I am now waiting on a response.
Thank You so very much.

Hello, I have been away for many years, I own #33484 I recently received a large inheritance and am now looking for someone to restore my 46 2A. I recently moved to Nashville and am very anxious to have someone to bring my brothers Jeep back to life. The engine is rebuilt, and body has only 61,000 miles it is in fantastic shape.

Edited by BigBroz2A_RIP - 09 Jan. 2022 at 2:33pm
Dave S/N 33484
Nashville retired
ace32107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ace32107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2022 at 1:47pm
Metalshaper in CT does great work. Might be a bit far but I am sure worth it.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2022 at 1:59pm
The biggest consideration if it were mine would be finding not just a good shop but finding one that actually (not just saying they do) understands the ins and outs of what a 'correct' restoration would entail.

That may not be what you are after, I dunno, you may just want a nice 2A in your stable......(if I were spending an inheritance I would like to think I would look at it more as an investment)

Just something to consider and realize I  didn't really help with your request for a Nashville shop but just keep an open mind about hauling it out of the N'ville area if need be.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
BigBroz2A_RIP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBroz2A_RIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2022 at 9:23pm
Thank you, I am looking for her to be as close to factory as I can, Including the Normandy Blue color. I am up for transporting her to someone who can give me that

Dave S/N 33484
Nashville retired
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2022 at 9:33pm
X2 on Metalshaper… you can research him on YouTube. He is a Jeep guy and knows all the details to create an accurate and correct restoration. 
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2022 at 2:55pm
I hope everything works out for you…. Please keep us posted. If you do not receive a response via email, maybe someone here can help you get a phone #. Best wishes!
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
Tom in RI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom in RI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2022 at 6:44am
Check out HW Welch in Pennsylvania 
Hamhog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2022 at 7:11am
HW Welch did the body on my 48. They’ll go as deep into it as you want.
Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply