Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Selling off the left overs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selling off the left overs
    Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 11:41am
looking for advice:  I have “finished“ my ‘47 project- yay!  I appreciate the forum as it helped me through the process.  I still have two motors (1 in uncertain condition and the other with a cracked block), a transmission, 3 original radiators - used condition, a complete PTO assembly and lots of miscellaneous brackets and pieces.  What is the best way to sell these?  I’m looking to buy an overdrive as the finishing touch on the ‘47  
greenlakesgary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlakesgary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 12:14pm
Hello!
I usually post most of my Jeep items in the “for sale” section of the forum. But when I sold my complete PTO set up and wanted to get the maximum price I put it on EBay and also posted it on the forum with a link. It depends on what you want to do. I’ve gotten some great deals here on this site and sold some items here at a very reasonable price. I have met a lot of GREAT people selling things here!!! 
    Gary
GAJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 12:32pm
Thanks - I have the bumper weight also.  I’m guessing that would be a local pick-up?  
greenlakesgary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlakesgary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 12:46pm
I don’t know how much a bumper weight weighs or what they sell for? But if the price is right for you and someone is willing to pay the shipping it would be easy to strap the bumper weight to a small pallet and ship it by truck. Freight companies are easy to work with. I’ve shipped engines all over the USA....
SteveBonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveBonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 1:42pm
You can ship about anything - its just a matter of whether the shipping cost is prohibitive.  I had my CJ shipped to me because it was a lot cheaper than picking it up myself!   There are shipping companies that seem to be having bidding wars on shipping (through Ebay).   They can end up under bidding one another until the price is ridiculously low.
47 CJ2A
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 2:27pm
Fastenal is how I would ship that weight if it was not being picked up. It weighs 265 lbs. My guess is about anywhere in the country for $100 or so.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 2:58pm
Best way to sell most of that is to move closer to MA LOL
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 3:02pm
GAJ, what do you want for the first "uncertain" motor? And would you consider shipping it to 78621?
Thanks! MG 
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
cjbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by GAJ GAJ wrote:

Thanks - I have the bumper weight also.  I’m guessing that would be a local pick-up?  

I could arrange that- you have a PM.
1984 CJ7
1946 CJ2A- Supersonic motor
1948 CJ2A- Ramsey DP-1 shifter,PTO,front Ramsey MX200-R winch, Newgren lift
1955 Sears Trailer
1955 CJ5- PTO/belt drive,farm weight
1954 CJ3B- trencher,front blade
 Post Reply Post Reply