Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Research & History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

### SERVICE BULLETINS ###

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2009 at 10:55pm
'nother update.  More bulletins plus some enhancements

See first post.
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2009 at 10:59pm

ClapClapClap

Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
jeff in the up View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff in the up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2009 at 11:41pm
Hi just joined   I have been collecting and scanning bulletins for years.  I spent a small fortune ebay. Dr. Vern loaned me his and I copied and scanned them.  I will compare your list with mine and send what I have in pdf.
Jeff in the up
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2009 at 1:22pm
Jeff:
Quote Hi just joined   I have been collecting and scanning bulletins for years.  I spent a small fortune ebay. Dr. Vern loaned me his and I copied and scanned them.  I will compare your list with mine and send what I have in pdf.
Excellent! Thumbs Up

Everyone will sure appreciate that, thank you! Clap

I'm working on more right now, that aren't in the PDF yet.  I'll send you a "most wanted" list.

Sean

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff in the up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2009 at 2:12am
Hi  I have a small fortune invested in collecting bulletins.  do you want all of each year  (I am still missing some)  or just the 2a stuff.  in 1947  I have all but 801, 802, 803, 816, 819,825, 826, 844, .. in 1948 I have them all  unless they went higher than 68.  in 1950  i have all but 02, 05, 11, 13, 16, 21, 23, 27, 28,   and anything above 46.  I have them in pdf  scans.  I forgot to bring my other lists to work tonight,   but i have them from 45 to the mid 60's  not many in 45   most of the 50's  I am looking for scans or copies of the ones I am missing   I will send you what you want of what I have. some where I have a fairly complete index that I have compiled from the sets I bought on eBay. if my wife knew what i paid for these   it would not be good.  Dr Vern from the Willy's tech group loaned me his book and I scanned and copied all of them.   I will look at my 46 stuff.  in the 1945 list I have 752, 756 (2pg) and 759. the early ones I bought from a guy at the Jefferson WI  he said they came from the estate of a Willy's factory rep.  they were in great shape.
thanks'
Jeff
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2009 at 3:50pm
Jeff:

For now, I'm most interested in bulletins that pertain to CJ-2A.  Once the CJ-2A list is complete, I may start on non-CJ2A bulletins.

I'm still compiling a list of what I need, will send it on to you later today, with a list of other ones I have that you may want.

Thanks for the help!

Sean
Joe Frazer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Frazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar. 2009 at 3:50am
Jeff, what you have sounds like a true treasure trove of valuable information for anyone wanting to restore and work with their Willys vehicles! I appreciate your willingness to share what you have with all of us. I do hope those here that have the technical ability to add the other years will make it happen!!Tongue Perhaps a seperate heading topic wise could be made for just Service Bulletins so it would be even easier for new folks to find...
   I'm still a bit old fashioned and generally do best at exchanging photocopies of things with others of anything that I have that they can use. Can you make photocopies of these other years for me? I'd be more than happy to pay your printing and postage expenses etc. I have multiple years of Willys vehicles and would find the others you have to be really useful I'm sure....
    This forum is a super way for all of us to work together and to come out further ahead!
    Thanks in advance for any/all help you can share with me!

Collecting any/all Kaiser/Frazer/JEEP literature/handouts/toys etc.
46 CJ2A
50 Jeepster
51 Pick-up
54 Willys Aero Hardtop
54 Kaiser Willys Darrin
56 Wagon
56 Factory Proto-type FC 170 Truck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff in the up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2009 at 1:09am

Hi  I just sent Sean the early Index   it has O for Original  and C for Copy  at the right of the list. I am working on the newer index   this one is 18 pages long the newer on is 44 pages. some bulletins were revised  some instructed the dealer to remove and discard certain ones.  I have about 10 years and lord knows how much $$ on ebay invested.  I would like to create the whole set.  I  have a bunch of newer stuff but I don't know when i will get to them.  I also have original duplicates but that is also a project for later.  I am trying to sort mine and pdf them so they will go on one CD.  it was 1.9 gigs when i started pulling all of them together off of several computers. look at the index if you see what you need let me know and we will work something out. If you have ones I need let me know

thanks
Jeff  in the up
Ok I don't have a clue how to attach the index  i hve it in wordperfect and word. help
14 rusty CJ2A's. Honest Honey They all Followed me home
Half way across the UP
Navi27013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navi27013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2009 at 3:49am

Jeff:

You said you have all the 1948 service bulletins. I was wondering if you had both 48-38 and 48-38(revised)? 

From the Mechanic's Manual: Index of general Bulletins, the following information is provided.

48-38 Revised Aug. 23, 1948 Zenith Carburetor Conversion Kit

48-37 July 22, 1948 Auto-Lite Service
48-39 Aug. 10, 1948 Credit on Vehicle Inspection Coupons

So following these dates, 48-38 (un-revised) would have been released between July 22-Aug. 10.

The 48-38 lised in Sean's PDF files is a Sales Bulletin (released October 30, 1948) typed in the same font and looks very similar.

Also I was wondering if you had any of these Sales Bulletins as well? Sean's contains interesting information about 1949 Serial Numbers.

sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 4:24pm
BIG UPDATE !!!   Go back to the first post:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/topic8144_post61161.html#61161
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 4:52pm
Thanks Sean, great info and fun reading, kinda takes you back in time. Thumbs Up
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 4:57pm
In addition to Sean, thank you, too, Jeff in the UP for your generosity in sharing your bulletins with the group.  ClapClapClap
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
cbuckbogg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbuckbogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 7:42pm
I have had a 77' levi cj-5, a 63' j-100 truck, 2 98' tj I still have one both 4cyl., and now a 48 cj-2a. I have learned more in the past week than the last 16 yrs. Thanks for all the info and help to all. Now I'm going into my first restore a bit more informed.
Buck
rocketeer View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by samcj2a samcj2a wrote:

In addition to Sean, thank you, too, Jeff in the UP for your generosity in sharing your bulletins with the group.  ClapClapClap

X2

Larry
HillBillE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HillBillE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2009 at 1:22am
Originally posted by rocketeer rocketeer wrote:

Originally posted by samcj2a samcj2a wrote:

X2

Larry
X3!  This is great!  All this info, here and on the forum in general, is going to come in handy while doing the restore on my new 2A's!  Thanks everyone!
5 Jeeps, 4 HAM radios, and not enough things that go 'BANG!' (no, not hammers!)

N1CJP

'47 CJ2A #112146

'46 CJ2A #23754

'52 CJ3A #452-GB1-10197
JAB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2022 at 7:53am
"zip can't be downloaded securely"

Is there a way around this?  Thanx!
GR8GPN2U!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12