Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

shes all there!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAN H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shes all there!
    Posted: 05 Mar. 2006 at 7:28pm

What is it about these old girls that makes us love em' so?  i have the original hand crank and lug wrench that came with it.  (1948)  EVERYTHINGS THERE!    I even have the original hubs in a box somewhere.  not sure if the rims are solid or not....how can i tell, besides breaking the tire down.  it does have tubes.  this beauty has been in the family since it was new.  it was in az so the body has almost no rust, and now i plan to restore it to look like new.

luzon red

universal tan wheels

4608th 48 2a made

Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2006 at 7:47pm

hey dan sweet jeep. got pics the wheels  are solid if there are no holes on the wheel around the hub or rim. most cj's i think have 4 long holes going around the inner edge of the rim as do other wheels of that time period. oakes knows alot about these wheels. just by looking at your wheels you will see these holes no break down needed.

later,

mike g

1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
46socal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 46socal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2006 at 7:50pm

Dan

let's see it.

life is good live it well
Rob H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2006 at 7:59pm

Yeah Dan, I'd love to see it my ol' 48 was Luzon Red originally. Does yours have 16in. wheels or 15? I've got enough 15's to make a set for mine, planning on doing that when I wear out my 31/10.50s or my truck needs tires. I'd just as soon put out the money for some new ones for my Willys.

Rob H.

1948 CJ2A
bits and pieces of three 3A's
1967-72 Chevy C/10 kinda combined them LOL

GaryArf View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2006 at 11:21pm
PICS, PICS, PICS,,....Gotta see it, has it been in your family? Got old photos and stuff? paperwork?
CJ2A #10021 #34692 #58500

DAN H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAN H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2006 at 12:37am
yeah i have a couple of pics.  ok, heres the story.  it was originaly my uncles who took very good care of her.  he lived in apache junction, az which is why there is almost no rust; just alittle surface rust from the california air.  when he passed my  mom got it.  well she moved it to ca where it was ran about every week.  my step father took care of it, and when my mom and him got the divorce it sat in the shade under a tarp on the side of the house.  that was about 96....well i joined the marines and she was doing nothing with it so she gave it to me.  she would'nt give it to my older brother who wanted to make it into some kind of rock crawler..unaceptable!  well im out of the marines now after 2 tours in iraq and ready to start work.  im going to go pick it  up and bring it back to yuma, az in a couple of weeks.  you can see the original color under a crapy white paintjob my uncle did with a paintbrush which is luzon red.  lol  after alittle research on this glorious website, i found out what color the wheels were and which one it was off the line.....#4608.  as far as the paperwork is concerned...im not sure ill have to ask my mom, she would have it.  its all in california.  ill have to ask her if she has old pictures of it.  i submitted pics of it but there not up yet.
DAN H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAN H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2006 at 12:40am
oh there not solid wheels, and there 16s
DAN H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAN H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2006 at 12:59am
DAN H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAN H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2006 at 1:05am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2006 at 8:19am

hey dan, pics did not come up. i can't ever get them to post here anymore. i made a photo album. i keep my photos there because it's free and easy. that way people can check your jeep out whenever and you can keep a good photo history of your jeep rebuild. you can see my album by clicking the www link below. there are alot of other guys & girls how have done web pages or albums. if you get a chance take a look it makes the photo posting thing much easyer.

later

mike g

1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
DAN H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAN H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2006 at 12:48pm
ok lets try this.   http://photos.yahoo.com/mws371utmc
Doug View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2006 at 1:51pm
Hey Dan, email the pics to me and I'll post them for ya. doug@brookermech.com
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
shouting "...holy cow, what a ride!"
Doug View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2006 at 2:52pm

Wow, talk about clean!

Dan, you're a lucky man!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
jeepman252 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepman252 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2006 at 5:30pm

OMG!

I haven't seen one of those vinyl string wrapped steering wheel covers since.........I had one on my 63 Ford Fairlane in HIGH SCHOOL!

Dan, great looking JEEP!  Should be a fun one to work on.

Larry

47 CJ2A, "POPEYE", serial #129153, We're workin on it!!!
'04 WJ, blue, wifes DD
'98 ZJ, char gold, my DD
'97 ZJ, black, SOLD
'96 ZJ, char gold, RIP, met an 18 wheeler...
Doug View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2006 at 5:38pm

More pics of this well preserved Jeep...dang.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2006 at 6:10pm
nice !
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
GaryArf View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2006 at 7:30pm

Dan,

Great starting point, actually if it runs and stops I'd just paint it the original color.  After you disassemble everything it's not as original anymore, it can only be original once.  But, I guess if it was mine I couldn't resist.  I agree with Mike, make a photo album.  That way we can all watch your progress, and take lots of pictures throughout the teardown and rebuild. 

Gary

CJ2A #10021 #34692 #58500

DAN H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAN H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2006 at 1:26am
hey doug, thanks for putting my pics up.  i couldnt figure it out.......i am a retard when it comes to computers.  anyways, how many of you guys actually seen a crank starter for these things.  im still waiting for the lug wrench pics.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>