Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > CJ2A Page Member Created Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shock Absorber Bushing Tool - made 5 more!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shock Absorber Bushing Tool - made 5 more!
    Posted: 26 May 2020 at 11:26am

You guys know what a pain it can be to change shocks. It can be a real bear to compress the rubber bushings to get the cottter pin installed. Several guys asked, so I made a few more of my shock bushing compressor tools. I know many of you can make one in your own shop. But I realize not everyone has the tools and equipment to do so. Its more work than you might think; cutting, machining welding etc.

It works at top and bottom, front and rear of my CJ2A. At the bottom, I use a piece of 1" board to space it off the brake backing plate.

These are $38 shipped priority mail in the US. Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

Edited by ndnchf - 22 Oct. 2021 at 4:42am
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 2:25pm
Tool looks great. PM sent.
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 2:56pm
Thanks.
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2020 at 11:39am
I have a few more tools made and ready to ship.  I probably wont make any more for the time being. I have other project to work on.
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2020 at 1:33pm
Received mine in the mail! Thank you Steve Thumbs Up Now I wont have to yell from the garage for my wife to come help me LOLLOL
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 1:33am
Glad it arrived safely. If anyone else wants to save some busted knuckles. I have a couple more tools left.
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 5:45pm
Here are a couple better photos of the tool showing how it is used.

ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 4:33pm
I have a few more shock bushing tools left in case anybody needs one now, or in the future.  I don't know if I'll make any more.  I have too many other projects going on. 
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov. 2020 at 11:46am
Bump Smile

I have a few more tools available. If you are planning to remove/replace your shocks. This will make the job much easier. 
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov. 2020 at 2:48am
Nice looking tool and Nice sharing of info. Thanks
Almost forgot to add, I have a 1948 CJ2A also.

Stay Safe

Later 42rocker
Scott B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2020 at 6:32pm
Nice tool, interested in one if still available.  PM sent
Scott B
1948 CJ2A Ser# 166369
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2020 at 6:08pm
PM sent, hope I am not too late to get in on the next batch.
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec. 2020 at 7:38pm
The tool came in the mail today, and I am very pleased with the quality. The welds are well done, and the design is elegantly simple which is something I appreciate. 

Last week I installed new spring plates on the front axle and will use this tool to install the shocks. 

It is raining today, so have to wait a while.
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec. 2020 at 9:21pm
Glad it arrived safely and you like it. I'm sure it will make the job easier for you.
Steve
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec. 2020 at 6:24pm
It works great. Thanks.
Scott B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec. 2020 at 7:07pm
Picked mine up at the post office today.  Very nicely made!   Won’t be ready for it for a few weeks but did try it between the tire and the shock and looks like it will work great.  
Scott B
1948 CJ2A Ser# 166369
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec. 2020 at 7:26pm
Glad to hear it - thanks.
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2021 at 3:22pm
I used the tool again to install new shocks on the back of my Jeep last week. I like it so well I made a wooden case to store it along with my hub puller. That way neither tool will be misplaced between infrequent use.

Wish I had this tool years ago. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>