Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Should every jeep have rear seat holes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should every jeep have rear seat holes?
    Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 8:41pm
If a jeep was ordered without a rear seat, would they have still had the bolt holes for for the under floor clip that the rear support snaps in to? Would the main knockout piece still be there?.  Every original body I have seen has the rear seat in it or has been added. Anyone have a picture of an original rear floor without a rear seat?
48willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 9:52pm

This is a dj3a with a hard top so I don't know if it will help, but it's the only one I've ever seen that still had the knockout still in it.
1946 cj2a #28680
1948 chevy 3800 thriftmaster
1946-50's cj2a-3a farm jeep
1993 yj, aka the yj7
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 10:24pm
Several jeeps I have parted out have had the knockouts still in place, back seats are a rare find on snowplow jeeps here in Minnesota.

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
EMyers View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 11:19pm
My 46 has all rear seat knockouts intact

McG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 11:47pm
Thank you!  that will save me a little work.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2018 at 1:12am
Ol' Unreliable has the knockouts still un-knocked out.  It also doesn't appear to have had top bow brackets welded to the back corners, which I would not have expected anyway.  I wonder if any Jeeps had the brackets if their rear seat knockouts weren't knocked out.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
McG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2018 at 9:55am
very interesting point!  hadn't thought of that one.  I know my jeep had the rear brackets, but I don't know if they were added later.  At one time The floor had been replaced with 1/8 flat steel. definitely not stock.
EMyers View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2018 at 11:39am
The rear brackets are on mine and this is an original paint Jeep. 

48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2018 at 11:54am
My 48 CJ-2A came with the front half cab canvas and bows and has the seat mounts but all the rear footman loop knockouts are still there.

I've always assumed the tops and rear seats were Dealer installed. Guess we need to see some assembly line photos...

Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2018 at 12:35pm
Great pics, I have the same canvas covers for the tailgate chains too still hoeld on with the split rivets. We went to the New Belgium brewery in Nov,  great brew!!  Asheville has about 65 brewpubs in downtown, great place for a self guided tour.

Edited by jeeper50 - 08 Jan. 2018 at 12:37pm

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2018 at 4:35am
Well now, there's a weird thing--Ol' Unreliable has all six footman loops across the back installed, but the knockouts are still in place for many of the footman loops that would secure top bows and... whatever... on the passenger side wheelwell (it's a Lefty, after all).  I don't know whether Bubba had anything to do with these anomalies.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
EMyers View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2018 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by jeeper50 jeeper50 wrote:

Great pics, I have the same canvas covers for the tailgate chains too still hoeld on with the split rivets. We went to the New Belgium brewery in Nov,  great brew!!  Asheville has about 65 brewpubs in downtown, great place for a self guided tour.

My chain covers are crunchy but there! Good eyes on the beer spotting. It was a great beer on a great day. 
 Post Reply Post Reply