Forum Home Forum Home > The CJ2A Parts Project > Parts List > Frame
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skid Plate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skid Plate
    Posted: 03 July 2008 at 6:21pm
Thers's all sorts of skid plates. This is the right one for 1948. All correct holes.

640689- PLATE, under frame skid

'48 CJ-2A #184135 Lefty
'49 CJ-2A #219719 Mule
'39 Ford 9N
'55 Oliver Super 55 Ollybelle
Cornhusker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornhusker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2016 at 6:59pm
I doubt anyone will see this, but this random post was actually very helpful. I just purchased my CJ-2A '48. When I got the car, it came with a ton of random parts in the back. This skid plate was one of them! Glad to know what this is, and that it belongs! 
Hey I've got too much money and time, lets buy a Willy to restore!!
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2016 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Cornhusker Cornhusker wrote:

I doubt anyone will see this, but this random post was actually very helpful. I just purchased my CJ-2A '48. When I got the car, it came with a ton of random parts in the back. This skid plate was one of the
m! Glad to know what this is, and that it belongs! 

Welcome on board,  nothing goes unnoticed around here LOL. I see you found the search function and how handy it is.

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
eller_cj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eller_cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 8:46pm
So glad this forum is here. 10 years later, I finally have a 1948 CJ2a and a skid plate removed, and love to have confirmation I'm doing the "right" thing. 
Got all the dirt, filth, grim, grease, small animals, rocks, pebbles and mud removed, and cleaned up. ready for more... 

steve #48willyselr 

GloucesterBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GloucesterBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2019 at 11:32pm
Looks great Steve. I know this thread is 6 months old, but I am wondering if there was a standard second skid plate under the starter and air breather area? I saw another member ( i think it was this forum) had a skid plate for sale that assembled more forward and on the passengers side. Are you familiar with this?

Jerry

'47 CJ2A #96661

Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2019 at 11:42pm
MMine has a half  moon cut out right side of the leading edge I believe under the front prop shaft. Could be a CJ5 plate since that is what my frame is.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2019 at 12:06am
Originally posted by GloucesterBoy GloucesterBoy wrote:

I saw another member ( i think it was this forum) had a skid plate for sale that assembled more forward and on the passengers side.

splash guard?
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2019 at 12:34am
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

I saw another member ( i think it was this forum) had a skid plate for sale that assembled more forward and on the passengers side.

splash guard?

That is what I thought as well.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2019 at 12:43am
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2019 at 9:05pm
Mark W.  

My 1946 has the half moon cut out where the front drive shaft passes over the skid plate.

My 1948 has no half moon cut out and looks like the one Westforkboyd posted in 2016.  70 years after production things can get switched out or just go missing.

Will need the Jeep historian to research the change dates for skid plates.

Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GloucesterBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2019 at 9:42pm
Yes, thats it, Dennis. My bad. Its a splash guard, not a skid plate.

Jerry

'47 CJ2A #96661

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2019 at 12:39am

Yes, thats it, Dennis. My bad. Its a splash guard, not a skid plate.

mbullism called it, I just seconded it!
eller_cj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eller_cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2019 at 3:13pm
Hey good, glad the team helped answer the question.
Mine didn't have the additional plate/guard under the starter. But good to know I may be missing something I didn't know I needed. 
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2019 at 3:54pm
Lol, had me worried I was missing a skid plate Wink...(jk).  

FWIW, there's another splash guard available for the opposite side at the MC... 

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GloucesterBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2019 at 9:07pm
I have the heat shield for under the MC. I that what your are referencing? or, an additional  splash guard?

Jerry

'47 CJ2A #96661

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2019 at 9:18pm

I have the heat shield for under the MC. ...

Potato, potahto Embarrassed (yes, heat shield LOL)... but decidedly not skid plate Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GloucesterBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2019 at 9:34pm
My bad. Didn't see the analog reference.Wacko LOL!

As always, you guys saved me much time!!

Thank you
Jerry

'47 CJ2A #96661

WKWillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WKWillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2019 at 12:21am
HHi guys. My 48 cj2a has one but pretty crazy led up, bent and grungy. PlNni g to fab a new one, but can't tell if original al is flat or contoured, any advice?

'48 CJ2a "Snakeskin"
'50 M38 "Thunder from Heaven"
'52 M38a1 "Patina"
'47 T3c
'48 T3c
'52 M100
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>