Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Suggestions and Comments for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

slow to no activity forums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m casey stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: slow to no activity forums
    Posted: 23 Apr. 2015 at 12:32am
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum and need some help,

How can a fellow boost the activity to a particular post that is in another forum? If I post a question in the forum that it best fits in, it gets lost due to lack of activity. I posted a question about an old 1/4 trailer that I'm trying to identify in the "other trailers" forum, but most of the time I'm the only one viewing it. I tried posting again to the "off topic" forum because there is more activity on it, and it got moved. I'm a newbie on here, but like most of us, have been surfing forums for years now, so I know each site likes things done a certain way, I'm trying to not step on any toes. I'm just getting into the vintage military restoration projects and love jeeps, so I'm hoping to spend a lot of time on here getting to know folks and learning.

Casey

Edited by m casey stock - 23 Apr. 2015 at 1:08pm
mullen46cj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mullen46cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2015 at 12:55am
Casey - sometimes the "right" person may not visit this forum daily and that leads to extended time to get the answer you are looking for.

Ndrtkr said it is a David Bradley sold by Sears

Do a Google search for images for David Bradley utility trailers - there are several there to compare yours with.

Bruce Mullen   Harrisville, WV       

46 CJ2A column shift SOLD 07-15
48 CJ2A with Newgren lift
55 CJ5

52 M38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52 M38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2015 at 1:10am
There are questions in this world that have no answers.  Perhaps your trailer, like the lockness mer-people is one of them.  There have been items that have come along that have been very short run or almost one off.  At one time there were so many different places making jeep type things that its origins may have been lost to time.  Don't despair there is a gentlemen looking for history on some kind of jeep hydro somthing-or-other, it is just a matter of time before someone who has owned one pops up. 

This crazy thing was surely a mystery at one point.
http://www.ewillys.com/2014/12/19/unusual-jeep-loader-attachment/

Edited by 52 M38 - 23 Apr. 2015 at 1:31am
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2015 at 1:26am
Hi Casey,
I look at most threads here at the 2A.  I looked at yours.  I didn't post anything because I have no idea what you have there.  I would suspect that this is true for many of us here.

To keep it at the top, you can "bump" it.  Then hopefully the right guy, with the right answer, at the right time, will spot it.

Tim
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2015 at 3:21am
Guess the whole world is in 'instant gratification mode ' these days.... Stern Smile
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2015 at 4:17am
One of the nice features on this forum is "new post"

For guys like me,  who only have time to check out things occasionally,  it is the easiest way to see what came up since the last time I visited.

Some of the other forums I visit are too difficult to manage,  so I probably miss a lot of good stuff,  and can not contribute if I could.
m casey stock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m casey stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2015 at 4:50am
I'm not looking for "instant gratification" I have patients, but when very few folks are seeing your post your efforts are not going to be too effective. That's just common sense. If you put your missing persons poster on the wall of the back store room, maybe someone will eventually see it, there is a reason the FBI put the most wanted posters in high traffic areas. Way down the page in "other trailers" there is no problem keeping a post bumped to the top LOL Big smile mine has been there for days now.  Anyway, I didn't post on here to fuss at anyone, just was asking for help, I certainly wasn't looking to be beat up Ouch  I appreciate those that had kind words of encouragement, and I do realize with any public forum you are going to have to take the good with the bad. 

I wish mine was a David Bradley by sears, would have been an easy answer, but I don't think mine looks too much like one. I Googled it the day I first read that comment and then posted pictures of mine. I think that was just a guess, but I appreciate any ideas or positive comments, even if you have no idea what it is, that's why I didn't say anything negative about that post.
(David Brantley trailer by Sears)

In a way it's kinda cool that it's different than most others out there even if it does make it hard to ID. I suspect though, once it is identified it wont be anything too special. I know there is at least one more like mine, I found a picture of one right here on the CJ2A page! Clap
I have a "52 DuraCraft Sportsman" runabout boat that I restored (the processes is documented and posted on numinous boat enthusiast forums)(Google it if you are into old boats) When I first got it, there was nothing on it to ID the manufacture or date of production. I wanted to know what I had, so I posted pictures and asked questions. Nobody had a clue what it was. Eventually after much digging and help from a lot of nice STRANGERS it was identified and at that point I found that they were still fairly plentiful. Finding out made it even more fun to restore because I could find references to put it back correctly, not to mention meeting the cool folks that had a similar one and had gone through the restoration process as well, a brotherhood if you will.

I pray everyone has a good evening,
Thanks again,
Casey

Edited by m casey stock - 23 Apr. 2015 at 6:01am
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2015 at 5:19am
Nobody was "beating you up".....believe me this is one of the nicest forums you'll come across.

People were just saying 'maybe you have something that is somewhat uncommon'.

With that in mind you aren't going to get an answer right away.  There are enough people here that eventually someone who likes to 'search' for internet info will turn up something.....patience is actually what it takes.

Unfortunately those very same people that like to do that kind of research may be somewhat 'put off'  by your attitude and/or the way you are asking for help.

Lighten up......it'll be alright, we'll find out something.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m casey stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2015 at 5:57am
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

Nobody was "beating you up".....believe me this is one of the nicest forums you'll come across.

People were just saying 'maybe you have something that is somewhat uncommon'.

With that in mind you aren't going to get an answer right away.  There are enough people here that eventually someone who likes to 'search' for internet info will turn up something.....patience is actually what it takes.

Unfortunately those very same people that like to do that kind of research may be somewhat 'put off'  by your attitude and/or the way you are asking for help.

Lighten up......it'll be alright, we'll find out something.

It's all good man, my attitude is positive, I'm in no particular hurry, I just like post activity and comradery. Don't confuse excitement with impatience. I've been helping folks on internet forums find answers for years and I've never been "put off" by someone that is excited and looking for clues about their new toy. Heck man, it just makes me want to dig right in with them, it's the thrill of the hunt. I don't figure what I have is that uncommon, it just needs to be put out there and seen. Next thing you know I'll have tones of pictures of ones just like mine, maybe not, but hopefully. If I offended you or anyone else with my post, I apologize, it was not my intent, I was simply asking for help on the proper way to get my post seen by more viewers. Sometimes it's all in how you read something, if you are the type of person that likes to help folks, you answer with helpful comments, if you are the type that is bitter, you might read the exact same thing and feel like making a nonproductive comment.  I appreciate your offer to help, can't wait to see what you come up with. Smile

thanks again,
Casey

Edited by m casey stock - 23 Apr. 2015 at 1:00pm
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2015 at 7:47am
For what ever it matters, all the forums I visit have been slow for a few weeks.
Maybe the sun came out and people got busy or something...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m casey stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2015 at 1:13pm
Yea, Joe, that's probably what it is. Spring time is here and everyone has to get out. I know I do, isn't that sunshine wonderful! Thumbs Up
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2015 at 2:24pm
How many other places other than this forum do you have your pictures posted?

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m casey stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2015 at 2:40pm
None, like I mentioned, I'm new to the vintage Military scene (about a week), so I don't know what is out there yet and witch ones have good activity. Now, if you wanted to know about old aluminum boats, I can tell you every site that is out there, which ones have high activity, best knowledge on a particular manufacture, which forums have the crabbiest members posting on them LOL Big smile all that good stuff.
I did just register on "eWillys" this morning, but have not posted any pictures yet, we'll see how that goes.
 So, what do you recommend?
Life's a Garden, DIG IT! Joe Dirt

Don't trust a mechanic with clean hands! GrandPa
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2015 at 2:53pm
Ewillys would be my first choice too followed by some of the antique farm equipment sites maybe. (There is a chance your trailer isn't jeep related at all)

Also if it was me asking for help I think I'd back off on the "bitter" and "crabby" remarks too but that's just an opinion, do whatever you think works.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2015 at 3:11pm
Over on the WillysM site theres a M100 and other 1/4T trailers forum. you might give it a shot.
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2015 at 4:09pm
You can also try the G503 site.  Lots of smart folks there too.

I will warn you though...you tend to run in to cranky guys more frequently over there.

Tim

1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m casey stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2015 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

Also if it was me asking for help I think I'd back off on the "bitter" and "crabby" remarks too but that's just an opinion, do whatever you think works.

I hear ya Chad, LOL some people just wake up on the wrong side of the bed everyday no matter what. Dead We both know that's just how it is. Those type people will read something and pick out one thing to perceive as negative and comment on that instead of focusing on the big picture and trying to help. If those type folks choose to not comment on my post, then so be it, even if it takes longer for me to find the answer I'm looking for. Life is too short for me to worry about censoring my posts of a few normal words.  There are way too many people out there that are fun to work/ chat with to waist time on Mr. Negative. When I find the answer I will gladly post it to help someone else.

I never really figured my trailer to be "jeep" related, just military "looking" the truth is, this site may be too military focused to be of much help, but I figured it was worth a try, and hey, all is not lost, I did find a picture of one on here that looks almost exactly like mine, so I know that it is not just some backyard piece together. Not that it would really matter if it was, I like it and that is the main thing. I just like finding the history on things, almost as much as the actual restoration. I probably know more about the old DuraCraft boat company than most anyone else out there. I even talked on the phone with one of the sons of the two brothers that founded the company. Cool guy and fun to talk to.

Thanks for the idea on old farm implements/trailer forums, that could just be the lead that gets the answer. That's why we ask questions. If that doesn't pan out, then someone on another forum will have a different idea/ lead to chase. If the answer is out there, I'm just tenacious enough to find it. The next time you have a question, you would do good to run into a guy just like me. I like to help people and share knowledge without judging. Like I said above, when I find the answer, I will joyfully post it to help the next guy. If these forums are not here to help each other, then what are we doing here?

I pray you have a good day my friend,
Casey

Edited by m casey stock - 23 Apr. 2015 at 5:21pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m casey stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2015 at 4:19pm
Thanks for the leads Rick and Tim!  I'll be sure to put my armor on Tim LOL Nuke

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>