Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sometimes it grinds on me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sometimes it grinds on me
    Posted: 15 Jan. 2018 at 6:03pm
OK as most of you know I am customizing almost everything on Chug. To the end I have come to think about how I will be running my heater hoses, How they will look, and how I can best make them function.

I decided I wanted to use a pair of Bulkhead fittings where the hoses pass through the firewall.

OK so first I draw up what I want. Then I figure out how to best make them (turns out making them out of 7/8" -14T bolts would be the easiest as there would be no threading then) SO I go to Mcmaster Carr to see what a bolt that size from brass might cost OMG next.. Stainless just as bad. OK so I go to Google Hey Google has an answer for everything. No matter whos going to sell it to you RIGHT?

Well sure enough right there in all the little pictures is exactly what I want a double ended 5/8" (OK 16mm) hose barb with some threads and a couple nuts in the middle. I click on it and of course off to eBay we go. And then it hits me. ITS IN CHINA but hey for only 2.99 it can be here in 2 to 3 weeks.

I search Amazon I search google some More I search eBay NOPE ONLY FRECKIN ONE OF THEM IS FROM CHINA.

I'm annoyed
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2018 at 6:56pm
Xanax or since you are in Oregon there are other 'legal' options.....(in moderation of course)

Concerning your other conundrum.... why not polished aluminum? They are readily available all over the net in all kinds of styles.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2018 at 7:04pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2018 at 9:55pm
search jegs or speedway motors for some, maybe even summit has some

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2018 at 10:23pm
Summit was the first place I looked followed by Speedway then Jegs and then Amazon. None of them carry anything like the one I found on eBay. they do how ever have multiple versions of it with AN fittings But I have already gone the fancy silicone and worm gear clamp direction for my heater hose connections.

I did not find the one that rocnroll posted without doing a reverse google image search to find them only offered from some place called PARR automotive they list the fittings for $40.00 A bit more then I would have paid had I found them first.

And of course now I am thinking of going with a pair of fittings that make a 90 degree turn on the inside of the engine compartment so I may end up having to either modify the ones I have coming or go a different route.

Such is the life of a Willys customizer LOL

Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
 Post Reply Post Reply