Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Southern WisconsinNorthern Illinois June 29/30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Southern WisconsinNorthern Illinois June 29/30
    Posted: 02 Apr. 2018 at 5:41am
Ok folks - I have set a date and am hoping to get a decent response of attendees.

Friday June 29th and Saturday June 30th. Event start time TBD but plan on near 3pm. I am currently working to get access to a camping area that is part of the Kenosha County Fair Grounds but that is not set yet so just plan on it being somewhere in Kenosha County Wisconsin for now. 

The swap portion would be Friday night and Saturday morning - 

Saturday would be maybe a jeep ride out around Lake Geneva or some other nearby place to ride around. We could land somewhere for lunch and part ways. 

I dont know what the camping fee will be yet but if only a few people want to come out then I will most likely cancel the camping portion and turn this into a day event and host it at my house. (Saturday)

Please respond if you are coming and how many people - I can use this information to work on camping accommodations.

Thanks

Pete  
Beep Beep!
Bufordjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bufordjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr. 2018 at 11:51am
That's almost in my back yard. Depending... I may just join for the drive aroundbon Sat.  Looking forward to hearing of details.

Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr. 2018 at 4:43pm
I've got it on my calendar!! Both Juli and I will be coming. Thanks for setting this up Thumbs Up 
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

48walker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2018 at 12:31am
Mushroom, appreciate the effort in trying to put something together. I'm in central Wisconsin, about a year into a 2 year rebuild of a 48 lefty. I'd love to attend something like this (God knows I could use advice and parts), but my weekends are hard to plan and I'd feel a little awkward going to my first honest to goodness Willys event driving a ford explorer. I'll keep watching your progress on the event, hope there's good attendance.
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2018 at 12:39am
Hey there 48Walker - my cj2a most likely will not be on the road by them either. That would explain the parts swap portion of the event. Ha. I'm sure we will be able to work on riding shotgun and I will be driving my motorcycle with sidecar as a back up if I can't produce or procure a seat.

If you can free up you should try and come out. If I can find a cool movie with willys in it i may cough up a projector and screen - this would go well with the jiffy pop on the campfire. Or maybe we can watch a technical video or two and have a mechanical discussion - or all of the above.

Let us know what you decide but don't let not having a willys there stop you. 

Later

Pete

Beep Beep!
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2018 at 12:49am
Joe - I am happy to put this together. And I am thrilled you are planning on attending. 
The Fair board will be reviewing my request next week and hopefully I will have an answer by a week from this Friday. 
I have already been informed that they do not allow campfires but my house is about 900 feet from the fair grounds so I can have the campfire there if needed or I have also looked into Bigfoot beach state park on the shores of Lake Geneva - only problem there is people need to go online and reserve spots. I am trying to take that part of the hassle out of it if I can. 
I am still reviewing other camping options in the area. I should know something soon.

I was thinking about a game or two for prizes - like a obstacle jeep course with nerf guns and targets - still trying to come up with something that won't raise any eyebrows of wherever we stay. Open to suggestions. 

More info to come

Pete
Beep Beep!
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 4:37am
Hello Folks! Unfortunately due to a very low response on this event I have decided it is best to pull the plug. I am interested in trying again for next year but it would be helpful if people who were thinking of coming but did not respond were to do so now. I will try and find a good date for 2019 that does not conflict with other events and set it up. I did have the local ski hill on board so at least i now have a place to host the event for next year if everyone could take a moment and speak up it would be great.

Thank you

Peter
Beep Beep!
Bufordjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bufordjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 4:52am
I'd still be interested...
Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply